Restoring e-mail.tib from old to new computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RknRusty, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RknRusty

RknRusty Registered Member

My old computer with XP and Office/Outlook 2003 fried the CPU last week. I have copied most of my data over to the new Vista machine, but I can't find the Outlook profiles, so I still don't have my contacts and e-mail history and settings. I do have a True Image e-mail tib on my external drive, but I'm not sure how to get it merged into my new system.

I'm using the same Office suite with Outlook on the new machine. When I go to the backup drive and try to restore my e-mail.tib to a folder, I thought I would be able to at least copy my Outlook profiles from there into the proper place in the Vista system, but I can't select a destination folder for the restore.

Am I making this harder than it should be.

Thanks,
    Rusty

2. RknRusty

RknRusty Registered Member

I guess basically I need to know how to restore to somewhere besides Original Location. After stepping through the restore options, it always says Original Location in the summary. I cannot see how to select any other location.

All I need to do is to somehow get to the .pst files and I guess the dat file so I can overwrite them in the new system.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.