restoring boot partition problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stumped_again, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I'm trying to restore an XP boot partition using the standalone TI version on cd. The image was created earlier and stored in a usb drive. Problem is that the restore partition wizard refuses to overwrite the exsisting boot partition, it wants rather to resize it automatically to a smaller partition first.
    The size values of the image are correct and the image verifies. All I'm trying to do is basically overwrite the target partition with the image of it.
    I read through all the posts I could find that may have a bearing on the problem but found nothing pertinent. I also read through the manual hoping to find mention of the resizing but found nothing.
    What am I overlooking?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stumped_again,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

The problem may appear if the partition you want to restore to is smaller than the size of the partition you imaged. In this case please resize it to make the restoration possible.

If the problem persists please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please make shots of your steps with digital camera if possible and attach them to your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. As I mentioned, the partition I am trying to restore is the same one the image was made from. No changes to the partition were made after the image creation, in fact the image was created immediately prior to the restoration attempt for the purpose of evaluating TI.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stumped_again,

Please send the diagnostic info I mentioned in my previous post and the link to this thread to support@acronis.com and we will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.