Restoring auto update to original configuration

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pretender, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

During the problems encountered with the 12/8 update (which now has been resolved hopefully) I deleted two options from the scheduler/planner having to do with automatic update of NOD when I connected to the internet. I don't remember the specific names of the scheduled tasks..........note: I deleted them because just unchecking them didn't appear to disable auto update. Anyone know how to get those two scheduled tasks back up and running as before they were deleted? Note: I went into the option "scheduler/planner" and chose the option "Update NOD32 Update" which seems to have kicked in the auto update feature. Another note: I chose "at dial-up connection" for the auto update to kick in. Should I have chosen differently?

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    Click on Add task, select NOD32 Update, later press Next and choose any name, for example: Update, and choose the time to execute the task: for example Daily, Weekly, etc. Select Daily and NOD will update daily only if a update is available or select repeatedly for update NOD every 1, 2... hour. or if you have a dial-up connection, put the Execute task when a dial-up connection is detected, and finally select what action take if the update can't complete successfully, ASAP, etc.

3. Pretender

I've already done what you suggested. Just don't understand why there were two tasks scheduled before that seems to have to do with auto update and now there is only one. Perhaps I should schedule the Nodkernel32 whatever also?

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    The nod32krn.exe task is only for the maintenance of the NOD32 logs. With only one task refered to the update, is sufficient.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

By default, there are two tasks:
    1. Regular update
    2. Automatic update upon modem connection to the Internet

These default tasks can be re-scheduled the same way as you schedule other tasks.

6. Pretender

Thanks all! I have another question now that I have done something by mistake, but will have to start a new topic for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.