Restoring an Image.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by badger, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger

badger Registered Member

Hello.
    I have an external USB HDD (Actually an internal HDD in a case,but I think the same thing,for the purpose of my query) On it I made an image of my C drive using Acronis TI8. Yesterday I made a complete mess of my computer.
    (I deleted a whole folder instead of just one file) So I thjought I would be able to restore C drive from my image. I tried to follow the instructions and I have even printed the Users Guide. But I could not manage it.Is what I was wanting to do possible?
    Can you, in windows, restore C drive from the Image you have created.?

2. badger

badger Registered Member

Further to the above, I can tell you that I got as far as Acronis having to reboot and then the H Drive (the ext HDD) was not showing. There was a previous error which read"Loading usb device- Failes to read sectior 0 of HDD." whatever that meaant.
    Thought this might help to sort,ot answer my questions Thanks. Badger.

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

No need to restore your whole C: drive. Just open the TIB, mount it, and restore the folder.

4. badger

badger Registered Member

Thank you for your message. (1) I do not know how to do that and (2) I feel I should know how to restore the whole drive if I needed. As you see I did try and got stuck.
    I do not know if I have lready said this but I got a message saying "the logical disk you chosen is in use."...When Acronis rebooted it said Error failed to read Sect.0 of HDD. and then it did not show my Ext drive at all.

5. badger

badger Registered Member

Hello again,
    I have asked the Acronis Tech. support team to help with my problem and hopefully,they will be able to help.
    Thank you wdormann for your advise.

6. Andy23

Andy23 Guest

I think, the best way to restore C: ist to start with the Boot-CD (created with TI:cool: an to operate with this console. Here you can also make an Image of C: if you want.
    So when you need it in future to restore C:, use the Boot-CD and restore from the image.
    I have no experience in using extern HDD with TI8, but I have the images on the second or third partition on my PC and can restore from this path. I'm not sure that the Boot-CD assist all extern devices.
    Good luck...

7. badger

badger Registered Member

Thank you very much Andy23 for your help. I shall try that. I have not yet heard from Tech. Support . Badger.

8. robere

robere Registered Member

Yeah you did...
    This is it.

9. Andy23

Andy23 Guest

Hey @budger: I hope you will have good luck with this method....

10. badger

badger Registered Member

I do not know what you mean robere. I have already had one reply from Tech support and have sent them a report as requested. I am expecting them to get back to me. Am I wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.