Restoring a VD in Backup & Recovery 14

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by DiskMoo, Mar 12, 2016.

1. DiskMoo

DiskMoo Registered Member

I made an archive of a 1 TB drive with Backup & Recovery 14. I'm now trying to restore the data back to the drive via the "Restore from VD" function. I've selected the directories I wanted restore and the destination drive. The "Overall progress" window pops up but in the last 12 hours the progress hasn't moved past 0%. The details say 'processing partition', 'copying files', 'scan volume', 'create file tree' and that's all.

Is there a trick to get the restoration process working correctly?

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

If you made an archive of a drive but "only" want to restore certain directories you should switch to file mode and select what you want. Another way is to mount the backup as a drive and use File Explorer.

3. DiskMoo

I tried switching to file mode, but that didn't help. I will try seeing if I can load it up as a drive. But I think what might be an issue is that the archive is on an old Drobo (usb 2.1) and i'm guessing it's not initializing for Backup & Recovery. Going to have to find or buy a new HDD just for the archive.

4. DiskMoo

Hmmm.... moved my archive to a 1TB usb3 drive, trying to restore to another 1TB usb3 drive, unplugged my drobo and re-installed Backup & Recovery 14. But Backup & Recovery is still just sitting and spinning on the progress screen. I've tried leaving it to run for 2 days and after that it's progress still showed 0%, the directory structure was there but without any files.

5. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator