Restoring a VD in Backup & Recovery 14

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by DiskMoo, Mar 12, 2016.

1. DiskMoo

DiskMoo Registered Member

I made an archive of a 1 TB drive with Backup & Recovery 14. I'm now trying to restore the data back to the drive via the "Restore from VD" function. I've selected the directories I wanted restore and the destination drive. The "Overall progress" window pops up but in the last 12 hours the progress hasn't moved past 0%. The details say 'processing partition', 'copying files', 'scan volume', 'create file tree' and that's all.

Is there a trick to get the restoration process working correctly?

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

If you made an archive of a drive but "only" want to restore certain directories you should switch to file mode and select what you want. Another way is to mount the backup as a drive and use File Explorer.

3. DiskMoo

I tried switching to file mode, but that didn't help. I will try seeing if I can load it up as a drive. But I think what might be an issue is that the archive is on an old Drobo (usb 2.1) and i'm guessing it's not initializing for Backup & Recovery. Going to have to find or buy a new HDD just for the archive.

4. DiskMoo

Hmmm.... moved my archive to a 1TB usb3 drive, trying to restore to another 1TB usb3 drive, unplugged my drobo and re-installed Backup & Recovery 14. But Backup & Recovery is still just sitting and spinning on the progress screen. I've tried leaving it to run for 2 days and after that it's progress still showed 0%, the directory structure was there but without any files.

5. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.