Restoring a full backup of drice c while os and true image are installed on drive c

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rene333, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rene333

Rene333 Registered Member

Hi,

i am running vista x64 an acronis true image v. 11 both on drive c. i`ve done a full backup of drive c onto another drive. Now i want to restore the full backup (restoring drive c). Now i am asking myself: Is this possible without any issues? As i mentioned os and true image are located on drive c that i want to restore completly.

Any help or experience will be welcome!
    Thanks in advance.

2. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

Yes you can restore with Acronis installed on your C: drive. It loads into your ram and reboots yur system and does the resore without windows running anyway. And as long as Acronis was installed when you made your image it will return as well.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

To restore the boot drive, TI reboots to the Linux environment, the same one that is on the Recovery CD.

It's good practice to boot from the Recovery CD and confirm that all your drives are visible and that you can Validate a backup image stored on it's drive from the Linux environment. If you can, it is very likely to restore properly. I won'd say guaranteed because until you have done a successful restore it's not 100% certain. However, I've never had a restore fail after I was able to verify the backup from the TI Recovery CD.

4. Rene333

Re: Restoring a full backup of drice c while os and true image are installed on drive

Ok, thanks for the reply.
    So what would be the best way?

1. Boot up Vista and Start ATI and click restore backup
    2. Create a ATI Recovery CD, boot from that and follow the upcoming instructions (never done that before)

And what di you mean by "until you have done a successful restore it's not 100% certain" ?

Thanks!

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Make an ATI BootCD and boot from that to do a restore.

No backup software works on every kind of hardware set up that outs there. Validation is one check but a full restore is the real acid test of compatitibility between the backup software and your hardware -- and I think that's roughly what he meant by 100% certain.

6. Rene333

Re: Restoring a full backup of drice c while os and true image are installed on drive

Ok, i`ll give this a try later this day.

Thanks

7. como

como Registered Member

No, boot up Vista and start ATI and click the Tools menu and then click "Create Bootable Rescue Media"

Restart the computer enter the bios and make sure that Boot from CD is first in the Boot list and boot from the Rescue Disk. You can then see a similar GUI to Windows.

8. Rene333

Yeah, thats what i am about to do as i posted today, 10:16 AM

9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Thanks, you explained it exactly.

10. como

como Registered Member

I didn't see your reply before I posted

11. Rene333

Never mind!

Here are my final result. Everything worked out fine and it`s running like a charm :)

Thanks to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.