RestoreIT 2013

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Smash, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash Registered Member

Anyone give this a try yet? I've had it installed the last couple days, no problems so far. Similar programs like Rollback RX and Comodo Time Machine gave me hell, hopefully this one is a keeper.

2. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

I gave RestoreIT a 'long look' last year before settling on RollBack Rx (which I've since abandoned).

The main issue I had with RestoreIT (at that time) was that it could not retain any snapshots taken subsequent to the one I chose to restore!

TS

3. Smash

Smash Registered Member

Yeah, I just tested this. Unfortunately this version deletes snapshots automatically. :thumbd: oh well. This is kinda useless...plus it's kinda buggy anyway, now that I've played with it a little more.

4. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

As with previous versions of RestoreIT, it won't allow you to create its data files on another drive. They have to be on the main drive. Unless you have a separate partition for those, they'll be created at the root of your C: drive. So if you use an imaging software to backup your machine too, it'll really blow up the size of incremental/differential backups.

5. MacsGenius

MacsGenius Registered Member

RestoreIT has been published for over ten years. It's a nice app, but unfortunately it's not solid enough.

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I tried RestoreIT years ago,was not impressed.

7. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Don't know what's the logic behind this behavior,but it's a total crap.The snapshots must be always on my reach,unless I DECIDE to delete them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.