Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eagle883, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle883

eagle883 Registered Member

Does anyone know if it is possible to restore selected files from a disk image backup. I've been trying to one but the program just crashes my computer.

Thanks...

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you can mount the image just select the files you need and copy them to where you want using Explorer.

3. eagle883

eagle883 Registered Member

I tried to mount the archive but it wouldn't work

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

You can only use the Mount Image utility if the backup image was created of a partition. If you created the image of the entire disk or if you used the Files & Folders option you cannot use the Mount Image utility.

Can you please post whether you created the image as

a) Entire Disk
    b) Partition
    c) Files & Folders

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

That's odd. I only create images of the entire disk and I can mount images all the time. Are you saying that if there are multiple partitions in a whole disk image you can't mount the image?

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I also only create whole disk images and mounting them is no problem

7. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Do your disks have multiple partitions?

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

When I mount an image it is a .tib file that can be of a disk with one or many partitions or am I missing something ? If the disk has more than one partition one is give the choice to mount any, some or all of them.

9. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Tks for the feedback. I will revisit that tomorrow and run some tests.

10. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

CORRECTION
    ------------
    In a previous post I wrote...
    This is incorrect.

I have tested this scenario again and the above quote should read as follows:
    The issue that I had experienced before with mounting a disk image seems to have been hardware-specific and is therefore not generally applicable. I thought that this was normal behaviour because the ATI User Guide states...
    Thanks to "thomasjk" and "Xpilot" for alerting me to this correction. :cool:

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eagle883,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home you can restore the desired files/folders from a disk/partition image using either "Mount Image" tool of Acronis True Image to mount the image as a virtual drive (see Chapter 11. "Mounting an image as a virtual drive" of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.) or start the image restoration and select Restore specified files or folders (see 6.3 "Restoring disks/partitions or files from images").

Could you please clarify what version of Acronis True Image you use? You can find this information in the Help -> About dialog. Also let us know the build number (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number in the same Help -> About dialog window).

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tabvla,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that the this means that only the image archives that contains the partitions images can be mounted as a virtual drive via Acronis True Image (Note that you cannot mount the entire disk).

I have contacted appropriate person with a request to describe this fact in the appropriate chapter of the Acronis True Image User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.