Restore xp from Benq centrino to Hp duo

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neverstill, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neverstill

neverstill Registered Member

Hi everyone!
    I'm ashamed for my ignorance, but...

I'm trying to restore an image of the entire disk from a benq joybook to a HP dv2000 using universal restore. After 2,5 hours i'm prompted because it cannot find drivers for this device pci\ven_8086&dev_27c5&SUBSYS_30B2103c&rev_02 (the storage controller?)

I tried to provide

1) drivers (dll and sys) from the system restore disk I created from initial configuration of target computer
    2) exe files downloaded from hp
    3) some other files found on the web

Everytime, after confirm, the process indicates other 3 hours but after some minutes the same screen (asking for the same driver) appears.

If I go on and try to reboot immediately after windows xp logo screen the blu screen appears and immediately reboot to black screen with start options

Please can someone tell me what should I provide? Does it asks for a exe file to install? Or a sys file? or a dll file?

Thank you VERY much in advance!

2. neverstill

neverstill Registered Member

...forgot: I used Universal Restore

Thank you for replies

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello neverstill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that when using Acronis Universal Restore option during the restoration you should point Acronis Universal Restore to the folder, which contains drivers (*.inf and *.sys only). If you have downloaded the drivers in *.exe file, please follow the instructions of the vendor to extract the drivers. As far as I can tell this drivers related to Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.