Restore under SATA not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alanrose, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanrose

alanrose Registered Member

The Restore option in my new system, Dell 8400 with SATA drives running XP Home, SP1 is not working. Using True Image 7 I received an error message, "No drives found." I upgraded to True Image 8. Now trying to restore the system simply crashes. I've written several times to Tech Support but without any resolution. I sure hope someone here has a solution.

Alan

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Well well well, I've got company! See my thread "Doesn't work with WinXP SP2". I'm also using a SATA controller and drives, so maybe therein lies the incompatibility. :eek:

3. alanrose

alanrose Registered Member

I guess it's got to be SATA. I upgraded to v. 8 because the Acronis site claims v. 8 works under "S-ATA" but that sounds like wishful thinking. I keep hoping that tech support will come up with a solution...

Thanks for replying.
    Alan

4. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

True Image does not work with any SATA or RAID devices. I guess they had a solution at one point for TI7 Build 613 maybe o_O

Many of us have asked Technical support for help... It does not seem that Acronis will have a solution anytime soon.

5. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

6. Jan Jansen

Jan Jansen Guest

I think this programm runs only fine with SATA when you have an Intel ICH5R chipset (ASUS) on the motherboard.
    I have also a
    MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (Promise 20387 chipset)
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1 MB L2 Cache
    MAXTOR 160GB SATA harddisk
    TrueImage 7.
    and with my system it ain't working either.
    The (resque) startup CD won't work and when I tried to restore an image with the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, it just deleted the partition and got back with an index error. But when I verified the image, the program told me that the image was OK.

7. Jed2756

Jed2756 Registered Member

Bump..

Same problem... but ICH6R

Jed

8. Jed2756

Jed2756 Registered Member

Ghost 9.0 for the win.... Can install the required drivers during Recovery disk bootup.

9. nem5

nem5 Guest

ghost 9 can this ... are you sure?

10. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

To see the SATA drive and the IDE drives on a Dell Dimension 8400, go to the system BIOS and change the RAID to Combination. You will be able to see the primary SATA hard drive as well as the primary master IDE drive.

I am having a similar problem in that I can not see my second SATA hardrive or the primary slace IDE drive. I want to make an image of my first SATA hard drive and save it on the second SATA hard drive, but TI does not see the second SATA hard drive.

Hope this helps

11. Andik

Andik Guest

So what is the result? Which version will work with SATA? Please advise.

12. Andik

Andik Guest

Is here someone, who can provide me with a fully functional TI on SATA HDD for free? Naive, but still hoping. Please contact me on andik@pobox.sk, thanks...;)

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Naive? Probably. Unless you possess the relevant User Licence most certainly illegal too.

Regards

15. Andik

Andik Guest

Hello,
    my problem is the same as "alanrose" have.
    Image created OK, but restoration after reboot is not possible, because of message like "no HDD found" (from Acronis SW). It's my opinion, that the S-ATA is the problem.
    Does the TI 8.0 support S-ATA, I could try the trial, but I'm affraid it could damage content of HDD if it still will not work. I lost my confidence.

16. mariob

mariob Registered Member

Same here with TrueImage 8.0.
    Image creation in WinXP SP2 ok, but impossible to restore it from Acronis boot disk.
    When it boots it says "No drives found".

I have DFI Ultra-D nForce4 board with Hitachi 160Gb on nf4 SATA 1 port.

17. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andik and mariob,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Please note that trial version cannot spoil anything because it will not allow you to perform the actual restoration. However, you will be able to make sure it sees all your drives. Please download free demo version from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/ You will be able to create Acronis Bootable CD and test it as well as the installation under Windows.

If you have any problems with this trial version (or with the full version of Acronis True Image 8.0 you have purchased) please contact Acronis Support Team with the details of the problem via e-mail support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

18. cmalberto

cmalberto Registered Member

I just used TI8 to restore images taken off a non-SATA drive to a SATA drive. My images were around 30 to 40 gig. However, I didn't do a restore but an Image Explorer then copy.

I don't use very large partitions. Split my 250 GB drive into managable chunks with just data on the non-primary partitions. Based on what I read, I may copy off one of these and see if I can backup and restore from a disaster recover perspective...will report my results once I can get around to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.