Restore To New HD With Partition Manager 9.5 SE

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by pamelab, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pamelab

pamelab Registered Member

I have traditionally used Ghost 2003 to backup and restore onto a new HD when upgrading my system. I recently got the Partition Manager 9.5 SE and noticed that it had what seemed to be a full functioned backup and restore function. I tried it on my existing HD and it functioned well. However, I am not sure I want to fully replace ghost 2003, until I establish its limitations. More specifically, will it restore onto a new HD with a different capacity, in case of a HD disaster or just a system upgrade to a new larger HD? Any other limitations I should know about before I make the changeover?

Thanks in advance
    pamelab

2. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

Hello Pamelab,

Yes, our Partition Manager Products have basic backup and restore functionality. Some of those functions include restoring to different size drives.

During the restore process if the destination drive is different in size you will have an option to re-size proportionally. For example if your old drive is 100gb and your new one is 500gb then each partition will be 5 time larger than they were originally.

Alternatively you could restore each partition separately and individually re-size them during the restore.

Our Drive Backup line of products have a feature call "Adaptive Restore" which allows you to restore to a completely different hardware enviorment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.