Restore to a larger drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sparkyguy, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparkyguy

sparkyguy Registered Member

I'm missing something. I've got a stored image of my drive (not simply files). If I change to a larger drive (no data, no partiations created) and use the saved image as a restore souce, TI9 creates a partition only as large as my original drive was. (OK, that seems to make sense to me. Its doing exactly what was saved.) My question is: how do I change settings on TI9 to include all available unused space on the new drive when performing a restore?

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

3. sparkyguy

sparkyguy Registered Member

GroverH,
    Thx for the reply. I poked around the forum and did a couple of searches but could not find the specific's I was looking for. The links you forwarded should hit the target. I'll try them on my next backup.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sparkyguy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Just would like to add that you can find detailed instruction for restoration process in Chapter 6 "Restoring the backup data" (to be precise Chapter 6.3.8 "Changing the restored partition size and location") in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.