Restore time makes TI impractible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NineToTheSky, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Registered Member

I have TI v11, build 8027, running on Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

Backing up times are reasonable, but 100gb restore literally will take days.

I have emailed Acronis support who replied that this is a known problem, and that they are working on it - but with no indication as to how long it would take.

This obviously makes TI virtually worthless at the moment - which is a shame as I (used to) love the program.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it might take, or if there are any workarounds for it?

2. mustang

mustang Developer

The workaround for long restore times is to use BartPE with a TI plugin instead of the Acronis Recovery CD.

See my website if you need help with BartPE.

3. NineToTheSky

Mr

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify: it's $1.99 for the guide (which I know I'll need - I once tried to create a BartPE and failed dismally. It is achievable for PC novices, I hope?) plus $1.99 for the plugin?

Also, you mention needing a Windows installation disk if you don't have - which I don't. As I have Vista, but no disk, is this a problem?

Regards
    David

4. mustang

mustang Developer

No Windows disk is a problem. The Guide includes a step by step section on how to build a Windows disk from an OEM Windows XP computer. However, this will not work with a Vista computer. You would need to borrow a disk or use a Windows XP computer to make one.

5. NineToTheSky

So - back to my OP - I'm stuffed then? :(

6. dheijl

dheijl Registered Member

I use firewire externals disks and have no performance (or other) problems.

Restore from the Linux boot CD environment is a bit slower than from Windows, but not dramatically so.

Danny
    ---

7. NineToTheSky

I use USB hard drives. I'm afraid that I'm not knowledgable enough about the Linux boot CD environment to understand that.

Anyway I paid Acronis for their product, and my gripe is that it doesn't work at the moment, and they haven't indicated when it is likely to be resolved. Am I the only one with this problem?

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There is a later build of TI 11 available. It may post date your communication with Support. Log on to your account and you will find it (8053 ?) In the history section is a change log which may or may not show if your issue has been tackled.

Xpilot

9. NineToTheSky

Yes, since posting I have downloaded the newer version, but in the changelog, it doesn't mention any solution.

To repeat what I said earlier - doesn't anyone else have this problem. I know that Vista isn't up to much and most people avoid it if they can, but there must some other Vista users - or is this not a Vista compatibility problem?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  10. NineToTheSky

I apologise for bumping myself, but I really need a solution to this: I want to keep on using TI.

Can anyone - Acronis support, perhaps - help?

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NineToTheSky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. Maxxximo

Maxxximo Registered Member

I'm using Vista and got another problem, for the moment.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192034
    Due to this, I didn't have the chance to try restoring, so far, but I'm starting to think that True Image 11 for Vista is not mature enough....
    I even tried to register on the Acronis site to receive support, they said I would receive an email with my password and stuff but it never arrived, maybe because I didn't buy the product yet? Well, thanks God I didn't....:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.