Restore success, small question.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mal76, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal76

Mal76 Registered Member

Hello All,
    I have had ATI for a few weeks now and have posted a few times and received much help.
    During the time I have had acronis TI, I have imaged to internal and external drives and then burned to DVD+RW. Each time I have used Karens Power Tools to hash the image at the hard drives and then DVD and always the hash has been correct.
    Today I thought I must try a restore.
    I have two computers connected to single monitor, keyboard and mouse, connected through a belkin KVM swich.
    The computer with Acronis that I wished to restore (no need just wanted to have a go).has no DVD so I imaged to an ICYBOX external case which has an old Maxtor 20 GB drive in , then transferred the external over to the other computer to burn image to DVD.
    I used the TI boot disk to do the images in TI so did the restore inTI rather than windows.
    The images were 10*635MB plus one small one. 7 on first disk.
    At this point I will say that the restore worked perfectly, it took about 30 minutes then all up and running as before. I had adulterated some of my info to prove all was OK.
    So all well! just a small question.
    When I put disk 2 in a panel came up almost immediately asking me to put in volume 1 and retry which I did, it then asked me to put in volume 11 and then again asked for volume 1. The restore then started and cotinued until I am asked to put in volume 8. It then cotinued to 3 seconds from finish and then asked for volume 1 again which I put in and almost immediately a panel came up to say restore successful.
    Is this disk changing normal as there seemed to be more changes than I had expected, which was a little unnerving as it happened?.
    As I have said all seems ok (very pleased) but curious about the changes.
    I know I could have just restored from the external drive but I wanted to try the DVD.
    Thanks for any views on the disk changing,
    Regards
    Mal76

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mal76,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Glad to hear the operations were completed succefully. Please do not worry about disk sequence. Acronis True Image may find it necessary to violate the enumeration and ask you for any disk, not only for the next in a raw.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Mal76

Mal76 Registered Member

Hi Ilya,
    Thanks for your reply, I must say that after all my previous posts to learn and practice. All went very sweetly.
    Best Regards,
    Mal76

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.