Restore Shown As Successful - Will Not Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bigmike7, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmike7

bigmike7 Registered Member

Yo-

TI v.8 build 937 - backed up onto slave SATA drive

Recovery consol shows image restore as successful - however reboots do not get past the screen that shows "Safe Mode" - "Safe Mode With Networking" - "Safe Mode With Command Prompt" "Last Known Good Configuration" and "Start Windows Normally" - NONE of which work - just hang up and will NOT go into Windows-

Have attempted a Master Boot Record Fix (with CD) = nothing

(btw - your Master Boot Record Fix for floppy is too BIG to fit on a floppy disc!)

Reformatted hard drive and image restore shown as successful - still will not reboot-

Need help-

Thank you-

Mike

2. bigmike7

Yo-

Just remembered-

Due to not being able to see a usb harddrive from the TI v. 8 boot disc program

I followed your instructions and when the TI program was booting I pressed F11 and at the "Linux Kernal Settings" and typed

quietacpi=off noapic

clicked "ok" and entered into the TI program - still could not see the usb harddrive - quit TI - rebooted - and then the system would not reboot at all

Do I need to refresh the bios from a dos prompt - or what?

Please advise - this is my work computer-

TIA

Mike

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, the Quiet acpi=off... command doesn't change anything, so it wouldn't affect the next boot up. It sound like something else is going on here that is either corrupting the restore or preventing boot up.

Some more information may help.

1. Why were you restoring the image? What happened that made you decide you needed to do so.

2. When you made the image, did you create an image of the entire hard drive (all partitions shown by TrueImage for the hard drive) or just the C partition?

3. Did you make a TrueImage Recovery CD? Can you boot the system from that in the full and Safe configurations?

4. bigmike7

Yo jmk9493-

Thank you for your response and very good questions-

Answers:

1. Restored image - after computer would not reboot - after doing the 'quiet acpi=off no apci' thing whilst booting the TI rescue disc.

2. Image was of "C" partition only.

3. Yes - did make TI Recovery CD - however I have never seen the 'full and safe configurations' to boot into - (the 'Read First' section makes referrence to this also - I have been using TI since version 4 and cannot honestly say that I have ever seen this message)-

Really think that I screwed something up when I did the linux kernal command line thingie-

Mike

5. bigmike7

Yo-

Problem solved (though NEVER heard from the Acronis folks)-

Was a simple case of resetting the bios to its 'default' setting - and walla!! - successful reboot-

Mike

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

Firstly, please be aware that the reason why you do not see the selection screen advising you to select either 'Full', 'Safe' or 'Boot into Windows' option is that you use an older version of Acronis True Image. The point is that version 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD just does not have such selection screen. Instead, it boots straight into the Graphical User Interface. As you have already found out, in order to boot with some special parameters, such as "acpi=off noapic" for example, you should press F11 key when "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

If you tried to contact Acronis Support Team via e-mail but received no response then please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

As for the MBR fixing utility, please note that you should run it and create the bootable floppy instead of placing the downloaded .exe file to the diskette.

What concerns your external USB hard drive not being recognized when computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0, please try the following tips in order to solve the problem:

- Try unplugging all unneeded USB devices prior to booting the computer from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD;

- If your external USB hard drive is connected to the computer through a HUB then please try connecting it directly;

- Try to use another USB port(s).

If nothing of the above helps then please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem is gone, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade to version 9.0.

If the problem persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter does not help then try to use tips mentioned above once more.

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

- Let us know the exact vendor and model of your external USB hard drive.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. Please also note that a possible workaround might be to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing one to boot into a Windows-like environment from a CD. You will be able to load the appropriate drivers for your external USB hard drive in this case.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.