restore raid5 img get windows could not start because of comp disk error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nahmus, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahmus

nahmus Registered Member

I wanted to extend my raid array. It was a 3 disk raid 5 setup. I removed all of the disks and inserted 4 bigger disks that I configured as a 4 stripe raid 5 (dell server Perc4 RAID card)

I boot from the CD and select the image. restore the C: and the MBR but now when it boots I get the following error

none of the hardware has changed. I used universal restore to restore the image. I can see the files on the disk but it won't boot.
    windows server 2k3

Has anyone run into this problem before?

thanks for any help!

2. nahmus

nahmus Registered Member

ok it looks like i found the answer. It appears that ACRONIS did not install the boot partition back properly. I restored it a few times (as part as the whole C: and just as an MBR restore) and i kept getting that error.

I found this on the microsoft site
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314477
    and followed these directions
    and the system is booting. Now i'm just restoring the data directories. Does anyone know a reason why the boot track was not restored correctly?

thanks

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nahmus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify, what version and build of Acronis True Image are you using? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.