Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by fritzotto3, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fritzotto3

fritzotto3 Registered Member

Drive Backup™, Version 9.0, build 5789 (28.06.08 )Personal

Hallo

Angeblich soll man doch ein mit Paragon Drive Backup erstelltes Image auch auf einem anderen PC zum Wiederherstellen benutzen können.
    Als ich mit einem Image auf USB-Stick von meinem Notebook auf meinem PC die Partition C wiederherstellen wollte, kam allerdings beim Neustart die Meldung, es sei kein boot installiert. Danach war dann alles dunkel; es passierte nichts mehr.
    Was habe ich falsch gemacht?

Als ich danach mit einer DVD eine Paragon Wiederherstellung gemacht habe, hat das über 48 Stunden gedauert - bei einer Grösse von 6,8GB/3GB komprimiert.
    Ist das normal?

Supposedly we should a document created with Paragon Drive Backup Image can use on another PC to restore.
    When I tried to restore an image on USB stick from my notebook to my PC, the C partition, but did you restart the message that it was not installed boot. Then everything was dark, it happened nothing.
    What have I done wrong?

When I followed with a DVD is Paragon did restoration has that lasted over 48 hours - at a size of 6.8 GB/3GB compressed.
    Is this normal?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

There's a couple of reason if your restore is taking much longer than average. Are you restoring to a smaller hard drive? If you are, what the program is doing is restoring at a file level. Secondly, if what you're describing is trying to do the adjust OS to new hardware, you will find that in the recovery disk under Boot corrector.

If you are getting a blinking cursor after the reboot, boot back to the CD, and make sure the OS partition is unhidden and active.

For DB 9 Personal, to get to the full screen, hit CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+BACKSPACE.

Finally, update the MBR.

3. fritzotto3

I have used the boot corrector and I have updatet the MBR
    but there were allways the same result - a black screen without a blinking cursor,

what do you mean with full screen - more information?

4. Paragon_Tommy

I'm mistaken, the full screen I was speaking about pertains to PM 10 Personal. Is there anything different from where the original image came from compared to the machine you're restoring it on?

But I believe that when you restored the system, you did it at a file level which was why it took 48 hours for 6.8 GB. Make sure you're restoring to a larger hard drive or same size, and during the restore process, you should NOT see all the files being restored scrolling.

5. fritzotto3

I have chosen PARTITION Backup - and PARTITION for the recovery.

But you are right, the image came from another computer. And the hard drive to restore is less than the from-Disk.
    But why should that make any problems?
    Because I only restore the Volumen/Partition C; that ist one of four drives.
    greetings fritz

6. Paragon_Tommy

The hardware profile is different. The same operating system from one machine may or may not boot in a different hardware environment. You would need the P2P Adjust Wizard functionality in the Drive Backup 10 Professional or Virtualization Manager 2010 Personal to adjust this. But if it is a hardware incompatibility problem, then you should at least see the Windows splash screen load. When you say it's "dark" , is there at least a blinking cursor on the top left, or an error message?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  7. fritzotto3

No cursor, no message

8. Paragon_Tommy

Then I'm certain the restoration was to a smaller hard drive and that's what caused the problem, not new hardware.

Try using the Backup & Recovery 10 Free edition recovery CD.

Download, install, and create the recovery CD and perform the restore again.

It should be much quicker with the 10 edition compared to the 9th.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/index.html

9. fritzotto3

Thank you for help und Link
    greetings fritz

10. fritzotto3

I have downloaded Vers 10.1., but when I try to install I get a problem:
    the installer often says:
    Die Ziel-Datei ist bereits vorhanden und neuer als die Quell-Datei. Soll die neuere Datei überschrieben werden?
    The target file is already present and newer than the source file. Is the newer file to be overwritten?
    What shall I do?

11. fritzotto3

What shall I do?

12. Paragon_Tommy

Uninstall your current version and then install the new version.

13. fritzotto3

new version with older fileso_O

14. Paragon_Tommy

Overwrite the old files.

15. fritzotto3

but the older files are in the new version

16. Paragon_Tommy

I would uninstall everything, delete the folder. Run the installation and overwrite, even if it's reporting older. Make sure you have the latest build from the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.