Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hoon37, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoon37

Hoon37 Registered Member

Am using True Image 10 but have encountered restore problems since upgrading my hardware.
    Prior to the hardware upgrade, restore of my C:\ drive took approx 5minutes for about 6Gb of data. Since my upgrade, restore only works in Safe Mode from the Recovery CD. Attempts to restore using F11 at startup or commence restore from within windows or restore from the Recovery CD using "Full Version" result in the program crashing (see picture). Only being able to restore using Safe Mode also limits my restore from locations (can't use my Network storage areas) and to make it even worse, what used to take 5 minutes, now takes 20 - 30 minutes to restore.
    My upgrade was to an Intel E6400 Core 2 Duo chip, Asus P5b motherboard with Intel 965 chipset and 1Gb DDR2 ram.
    I contacted Acronis Support two weeks ago but apart from an automated response acknowleging receipt of my request...have heard nothing. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think the clue is in the /lib/modules/ata_piix.o, I'd say the kernel can't play with your core duo setup.

Actually come to think of it, that is a known problem I believe with v10.

Not sure of there was a temporary way around it.

Colin

3. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Maybe going the BartPE way (i think i copied that sentence ;))

4. Hoon37

Hoon37 Registered Member

Thanks bodgy,

I searched the forums before posting but couldn't find a reference to my problem. After your post I tried using "Core 2 Duo" and found a few other posts with exactly the same problem. Seems there is an issue with TI10 and the "JMicron SATA/PATA controller". If I turn this off in the BIOS...all is sweet again. Images restored in five minutes and access to network storage. Downside is I lose access to my IDE DVD burner. Still, least I have a work around for the moment.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hoon37,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as I stated in this previous post of mine there are several issue with Intel® 965 Express Chipset in the current build 4871 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Therefore, I would recommend that you collect the information requested in the above post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate it and provide you with a special ISO image of the Acronis True Image Bootable CD that works on your particular hardware configuration.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. maxvenum

maxvenum Registered Member

Any guesses on an ETA as to when this problem will be fixed? I found Hoon37's suggestion of disabling the JMicron controller to to work as a work-around, but it is incredibly annoying to have to mess with my bios. Does True Image 10 (build 4,871) automatically let me know about updates or will I need to periodically check Acronis' web site?

Thanks,
    Tobyn

7. Hoon37

Hoon37 Registered Member

I was advised to subscribe to the Acronis Newsletter (Under Subscriptions on their web site) to be advised of when this was available. I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the software to do this.
    Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.