Restore problem-new boy!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brachd, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brachd

brachd Registered Member

As a new boy having successfully backed up my 3 partitians I wanted to do a trial restore on one file on one of the patritions but at no stage was I given the chance of selecting a file. I ended up only being able to restore the whole partition.
    The information given is that you can select parts of a partition.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Blair
    :'(

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Don't think so the only way I know to do what you want is to 'mount' the partition you want and then extract the files needed to either over write the existing files/folders or put in a different location.

See the main ATI page and 'Explore Image' :)

3. brachd

brachd Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I read it in the sales information before I bought ATI that you can select individual files to restore whch was important to me.
    I looked at the reference to "Explore Image" and the words completely baffled me. They never referred to individual files at all.
    I did not want to restore a complete partition in order to prove the system but one or two files
    Blair

4. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

Download the User Guide and look at Chapter 6. It explains everything.

5. brachd

brachd Registered Member

My problem is that my help file is incomplete. I have downloadedit from the CD and also tried downloading on line but the result is the same I have no raphics and chunks are missing especially Chap 6!
    Any ideas how this can be fixed. I have asked in a seperate message and also asked Acronis but so far no replies!
    Blair o_O

6. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

The User Guide is in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. I believe they used Acrobat 6 to create it. I have v5 but it does open it, even though it gives a message, and I can read it ok. What version of Acrobat do you have?

7. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

For goodness sake if your having this much problem reading the manual i don't know how you'll go with the program.

Here is the link to get the manual again, also at the bottom of the page is a link to get the FREE Acrobat reader...

Manual

8. wauiler

wauiler Registered Member

The way you restore individual files is to select the 'explore image' icon after you start acronis in windows. The 'explore image' operation will mount the image as a drive letter for example drive G: (depending what is the next availabe drive letter) once the mount is completed you can select the drive from mycomputer and move any files/folders etc to (for example) the C: drive. The state of the files depends on the date/incremental that you select during the 'explore image' process. Hope this info is more helpful. tks wilk

9. brachd

brachd Registered Member

Thank you very much Wauiler for your clear and precise description of the process.
    Because I have had difficulty with the user file (parts misssing) I have been using the system without it and largely succeeding because the system is so user friendly but got stuck with this subject
    Much appreciate your help
    Blair :)

10. brachd

brachd Registered Member

Thanks Johnpd for your help. I only had Version4. Have now downloaded Ver 6 and can read OK
    Blair
    :D

11. brachd

brachd Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.