Restore primary partition, except it doesnt show as a destination

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by roland6543, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland6543

roland6543 Guest

I am trying to restore an image from a E:Backup (2nd) drive to my main operating system C:Local Disk drive. However, when I boot using the boot disk, it shows the backup drive as C:Backup and when stepping through the selection criteria (passwords etc) it doesnt offer my true C:Local Drive as a destination.

I'm confused as to why this should happen - any idea's?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello roland6543,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) can display drive letters different from those you can see in Windows, because Linux has its own rules of drive naming. Such a situation usually may arise after using partitioning software. This is absolutely normal and there is no need to worry about the difference in drive letters assignment.

However, it is still unclear to me why Acronis True Image 8.0 does not allow you to select your Local Hard Drive as a destination for the image restoration.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.