Restore Points are there!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimrx4, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrx4

jimrx4 Registered Member

A while back I either started or joined a discussion about restore points being lost when an image was restored using TI 11.8053 (?-I think that was the build). I have been using the newer build 11.8101 and much to my delight I see that the restore points problem has been addressed by Acronis. Good work - now is there going to be a new version sooner rather than later? I can find no press releases or whatever about the status of this program. I suppose I shouldn't complain since it does all I want it to but... there's Window$ 7 just over the horizon...!

2. tuttle

tuttle Guest

You did not say what OS you're using, and it makes a huge difference.

I can't recall restore points being lost, but in Vista there's an issue whereby after an ATI restore Vista's System Protection no longer applies to the system drive.

3. jimrx4

jimrx4 Registered Member

You're right - sorry about that. I'm using Vista Ultimate and my restore points are saved.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

And is System Restore still turned on for the boot drive? That was the reported issue.

5. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Exactly. The issue I found is not deleted restore points, but the loss of selection of the system drive.

6. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

7. tuttle

tuttle Guest

I guess both are really part of the same issue. I posted separately about the loss of selection of the system drive in System Protection following a restore. As Acronis has acknowledged the issue, it is hoped that they will fix it in a future build (even though it may not actually be an ATI issue, but a Vista issue).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.