Restore partition but unsure to do it

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by diabloNL, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diabloNL

diabloNL Registered Member

I have a HD with two partitions, C and D. When I look at the properties for either the C or D partitition there is a difference in size compared to what Windows is telling me. Total capacity is different as well as the used and free sizes.

Here the C partition:
    c.png

and the D partition:
    d.png

How can there be a difference is sizes. Won't that srew up the partions if I restore the C partition for example?

Also if I go through the restore wizard it wants to leave 7MB unallocated or at least not attached to the restored partition. Why does the software do this? Has this to do with the size differences as described above? Do I just increase the total space so the free space after and before are 0?
    7mb.png

And the last question:

My backup is a merged archive. But if the first track is the same as the MBR why does he back it up seperatly?
    ft.png

The software allows me to backup the first track or mbr as you can see in this picture. The first track archive is 8,7Kb and the mbr archive 3,4Kb. If they are the same why is there a difference in size?
    mbr.png

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Diablo,

I don't get that. Properties are the same for me with Paragon and Windows.

When selecting image to restore - if restoring to original partition - the space before and after is 0 mb.

What did you use to partition the drive in the first place?

What does Paragon PM say about the partitions?

Also, are you using the build 10505 of B&R?

If not , it should be available for download from your account.

Hope it helps.

3. diabloNL

diabloNL Registered Member

Thanks for your help.

Any idea how I can solve this?

EDIT: Just bought PM Personal for $9,95! Will report on that later. I just checked my SD card and also there it shows a difference. So I don't think there is something wrong with the partitions.
    sd.png
    Either Windows 7 or B&R is reporting wrongly. But I afraid to restore the backup because maybe it will really screw up my partitions. Are there more people with Windows 7 and see this difference in sizes?

EDIT 2: PM reports exactly the same as B&R 10.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.