Restore NTFS image to FAT32 system.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PatG, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Tried to see if this has been posted in the past but couldn't find anything. Only images I have are/were made in my w2k sys under the NTFS file system using TI ver7.0 w/the last build. If I were to format the hdd for FAT32, could the image be successfully restored? Has anyone did this before? o_O

2. kickwormJoe

kickwormJoe Registered Member

The image can be restored, but your FAT32 drive/partition will be converted to NTFS.

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, but if what you say is true, then it isn't feasible to do what I asked. My hdd is already NTFS but I wanted it formatted to FAT32, not converted. So guess I'll just stay put. :)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PatG,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

When you restore the image your old partition is completely removed and the new partition from the image is created on that place. So it is not convertion, it is reformatting. Please note that you will lose all the data stored on the old partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.