Restore image with M: and N: letters

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jc dignan, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc dignan

jc dignan Registered Member

Hi,
    I check the triall version of TI windows server 8.0
    In the PDF manual, when you restore, just before proceeding, you can change the "standard" drive restore letter "C:".
    This option is unavailable on the trial version... Is this a limitation of the trial ??
    Can you insure me this is a real function of the product ??

I want to buy this product to back up and restore CITRIX servers, and all our citrix servers, uses remapped drives M: N:

Thank you for answers

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jc dignan,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that assigning a letter to the restored partition is available only within Windows. When you restore an image of the system partition, Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows reboots into Linux environment which has its own drive letters assignment and does not allow to change drive letter. When you boot your server from the bootable rescue media, you get into Linux environment too.

However, if you restore an image of the logical partition within Windows, you can change a drive letter without any problems.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.