Restore Image with a different BIOS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poirot, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I have Acronis 8 and i'd like to know if it is possible and safe to deploy an image dating back more than a year which had a different version of BIOS.
    Obviously the BIOS of this notebook is a previous version.
    Could this fact affect the restore?

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

I would say no, unless you have some real changes in BIOS fonctions, like the way hardware is declared/detected by OS.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi poirot,

depending on the OS, it may be possible. But what is less possible is predicting this with certainty. I would try it and let us know.

F.

4. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply jaycee and foghorn.
    I forgot to mention that my OS is XP Home and that the BIOS of my HP notebook (8080) is F34 at the moment which was the second BIOS update in two years-from F21 and F22- seemingly with just minor modifications, not able in my opinion to affect the hardware detection.

The idea behind this ,not having made an image with the bare OS,was to use the old image then erase the few no longer existing programs,put back the new ones,make all the necessary updates including the BIOS one, but i realize all this might take just slightly less than a complete reinstall.
    When i do reinstall,anyhow,i wont certainly make the same mistake and i will create two or three basic images to be used with the bare basic progs in such cases as this,avoiding the use of the reinstall HP disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.