Restore Image to New Hard Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iflyprivate, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

I previously saved a TI8 build 800 image of a Fujitsu 40GB hard disk. I no longer have that hard disk. I would like to restore that image to a brand new Fujitsu 40GB hard disk (same model/series). What kind of problems are likely to crop up? Ilya? Others who know for sure? Thanks.

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

As from my experience and from what I have heard from others the transition should go smooth as long as you copied the entire disk and not just part of it if there was more than 1 partition.

Hope this helps,

Chris

3. iflyprivate

Has anyone actually done this successfully?

4. VPTECH

VPTECH Registered Member

yes.

Not only have we created images on 1 drive but restored them to a completely different make and model drive and it was a completely different size.

When restoring the image, you will be asked if you want to restore the drive, or just the partition(s). If the drive is of a different size then check the partition check box. If the drive is the same size then you can check the entire drive restore. We have not restored an image to a smaller drive, but Acronis handles restoration to larger drives with out issue.

5. iflyprivate

I must have bad luck because I just restored the image to the new drive and it failed with error messages that TrueImage couldn't read some sectors on the new restored drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.