Restore Image to New Hard Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iflyprivate, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

I previously saved a TI8 build 800 image of a Fujitsu 40GB hard disk. I no longer have that hard disk. I would like to restore that image to a brand new Fujitsu 40GB hard disk (same model/series). What kind of problems are likely to crop up? Ilya? Others who know for sure? Thanks.

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

As from my experience and from what I have heard from others the transition should go smooth as long as you copied the entire disk and not just part of it if there was more than 1 partition.

Hope this helps,

Chris

3. iflyprivate

Has anyone actually done this successfully?

4. VPTECH

VPTECH Registered Member

yes.

Not only have we created images on 1 drive but restored them to a completely different make and model drive and it was a completely different size.

When restoring the image, you will be asked if you want to restore the drive, or just the partition(s). If the drive is of a different size then check the partition check box. If the drive is the same size then you can check the entire drive restore. We have not restored an image to a smaller drive, but Acronis handles restoration to larger drives with out issue.

5. iflyprivate

I must have bad luck because I just restored the image to the new drive and it failed with error messages that TrueImage couldn't read some sectors on the new restored drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.