Restore Image and Page File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Godot, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godot

Godot Registered Member

Just restored an image of W2K from one disk to another after booting from a rescue boot disk.

The restore was successful, but upon rebooting (just before it says, "applying settings") it says my swap file is too small and must be resized, then the "applying settings" message appears, then the swap file message, ad infintum.

Is there anything I can do at this point? I tried booting to safe mode, but it exhibits the same problem.

2. BARON

BARON Registered Member

Godot,

Unless you know what you are doing, I recommend that you select the page file setting "System Managed size". That is the safest setting. Setting the page file too small or too large can cause major performance problems. It's not the most ideal setting according to many posts I've read on other boards, but until you do some research, it is the safest setting.

Baron

*puppy*

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I might be wrong but it sounds like Godot can't even boot into Windows and therefore can't change anything.

Can you check the settings on the old drive, change them to "System Managed" and then re-image to the new drive?

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

> Just restored an image of W2K from one disk to another after booting from a rescue boot disk.

Did you restore a single partition, or a complete disk?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Godot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe what partitions you had on the original disk? Did you have hidden service partition that is usually created by some manufacturers? What were page file settings on the old computer?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. embguy

embguy Guest

This happens to me a few months ago on W2K restore.
    Boot from a floppy, run "fdisk /mbr" will fix the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.