Restore HardWare

Discussion in 'hardware' started by PiCo, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

Ok so you have a nice motherboard and 1-2 hard disks and you want after a lot of OS installations and uninstallations, to make the hardware look like the day you bought it, CLEAN of anything!

I was thinking of doing a low level format (full format) on the hard disks with sth like KillDisk and reset the BIOS by pulling out the battery for 10 or more minutes.

The goal is to bring my hardware to the state as it was when I bought it from the store.

Any more or different ideas?

Thanx!

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

Hi, you don't quite have to go to those measures. Resetting the BIOS can lose the optimized settings from when you bought it making the pc slower if any were set. A low level format is quite impossible now on the new drives even if s/w claim to do. You mean a high level format :) (full format), and would of been adequate but it also good to wipe the first track as well which a standard full format won't do unless you use a util like KillDisk.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.