Restore from DVD disks BU

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Constantine, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Constantine

Constantine Registered Member

To anybody please,

I'm curious as to how to restore a BU made up of several DVDs. My harddrive is large (120 gig) and has been partitioned and holds 1 BU of my C drive contained within 1 of the partitions, which I have used on a occasion make a restore, however as an extra precaution I also BU my C drive using DVDs as a means of doing so.

Since there seems to be a hitch at the moment making DVD backups via the program itself (TI) I resolve to using the other advised method, this is simply to make BU copies of whatever you are backing up + split the BU into 2 gig splits and then burn then onto DVD. I have done this although my splits are larger than this, infact 4 gig, I use Nero to burn them using UDF method + this means an average of 3 DVDs to create the full BU, to this end I have no problems burning the split BU on to the DVDs.

I am now curious to know how things run in the event that I should ever have to restore from several DVDs - whether it is done desktop level or at bootup and will it request the next disk etc!

Yours Hopefully

Constantine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.