Restore freezes (build 3854) - synchronizing with the operating system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Schwartzyyy, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schwartzyyy

Schwartzyyy Registered Member

Hi there

I'm using True Image Enterprise Universal restore 9.1 (boot cd) build - 3854. I'm restoring to disimiliar hardware - IBM 336 and restoring to an IBM 3650 with SAS drives. The partition restores however the next step - synchronizing with the operating system - freezes the entire process. I loaded all the appropriate drivers for the new hardware during the Universal restore section.

I have to hard boot the machine and of course the OS does not load. (continuous reboots). Universal restore should work I should not have to do a windows repair.

The image I am restoring is 2003 enterprise server.

I have tried this numerous times with the image over the network or the image on a USB external drive, and it still freezes at the same point. I have let it run over night so I am not impatient.

Any help is appreciated, Universal restore from True image is part of our disaster recovery process.

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Schwartzyyy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure that if you are choosing custom drivers during the restore procedure, the drivers you present are correct for the target machine.
    Please boot the computer from a Windows installation CD, hit F6 when prompted and check out whether the drivers work there. If they do not (the RAID/HDD is not detected), then please get the latest version of the drivers (e.g. from the vendor's Web site).

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please do the following to collect Windows registry data from the target system (that is, the system to which the image was restored):
    - Boot the computer under consideration from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media;
    - Create files/folders backup of \Windows\System32\Config folder.

Please perform the same operation with the source system.

So, we need two Windows registry exports: from source system and from target system.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) on the target machine as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Acronis Report on the target machine the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I ran into the same problem today, but with TI home 9.3854.

Usually, I just restore one drive.
    This time I restored two drives, C and F.

I had to do a hard reboot.

However, since the PC is multiboot, I booted to the main OS, on the J drive, where TI lives.

And I then ran my drive checking programs: CompareDrives. which confirmed that all files had been restored on C and F. And I then booted to C, where I am now, with no prtoblem. Next I'll boot to F.

Since there is no expectation that Acroinis will further update TI 9, at least, can we get an explanation of what "synhronizing with the operating system means"? That would be referring to the OS installed by TI for the recovery, n'est-ce pas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.