Restore Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wrathlon, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrathlon

Wrathlon Registered Member

Having the queerest time trying to restore an image .
    Specs are as follows:
    Acronis True Image 10 Home
    IC7-G using the Intel raid for two raptors in raid 0
    one 300 gig IDE drive for backups including the image I want to restore from
    I have all the correct selections in the bios (Boot order add in sata raid)
    I am trying to remember if I have ever performed a restore with this setup as I know for sure that I have done many with a previous verison of Acronis true image and this Mobo but the hard drive set up was two ultra 160 scsi drives set up in raid 0 connected to a pci LSI ultra 160 scsi card.

For some reason I cannnot get a successful restore with the current setup . The restore process works perfectly but thats where it ends Once i restore the raid drive setup it will not boot. It loads the entire bios including the intel sata raid which comes up fine including this raid setup being noted bootable. But then it tries to boot from cd and then verifies the DMI pool and thats it . Prior it use to load the OS following the verify dmi pool. Have tried to fix the MBR , disconnect the IDE drive once the image is restored to the raid setup, no dice .
    I created the image using acronis true image home 10 while in windows which with little time I have spent investigating may cause problems. I will read up some more about the proper way to create an image but I know for a fact this is exactly how I did it previously with the scsi setup .

If anyone can shed some light I would greatly appreciate it. If not and I am screwed I guess I will have to do a complete reinstall from scratch which means calling MS and PC cillian and the others , always fun . BAH .

I use acronis in this fashion to create backups for all of my machines including my wifes work laptop and desktop. If I should be doing it somehow else than in windows I better learn asap. If I were to loose backup images for her work machines (subcontractor self employed real estate broker) I would be DEAD ! Help !

Sorry for not doing more research but in kind of a panic as my desktop is down and I surely need it asap .

Thanks
    Wrath

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  2. Wrathlon

After some more research it appears that I am doing everything correctly . This is really queer , what am I missing o_O Anyone have any ideas ?

I am booting from the rescue media that I created when I installed the program and following all the instructions as given by acronis. As mentioned the restore process itselfs works perfectly but that is as far as it goes. I am absoutley sure my bios settings are correct . Man this is frustating . Can't imagine this has anything to so with the newer release, perhaps I should have stuck with my previous verison but that seems crazy . Well enough apoligize for the rant , have very little hair left to pull out.

thanks
    Wrath

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wrathlon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that your newly restored operating system might not boot because of the lack of the appropriate drivers for your newly configured RAID controller and so you should follow the below described scheme in order to accomplish your goal:

- Prepare your Windows for transferring using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep) as it is described in this FAQ article;

- Boot your PC from Bootable Rescue CD and create an image of the entire hard drive saving it to any type of the supported media (e.g. CD, DVD, internal\external hard drive, ZIP drive, network drive, etc.);

- Turn off the computer and configure your RAID array;

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD once more and restore the beforehand created image;

- Install the appropriate drivers for the newly configured RAID controller during the fist Windows boot.

You may also find this this article helpful.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Wrathlon

Thank you kindly neighbor, I will give it a go .Did not realize that Acronis is located in Massachusetts. I live in Lunenburg and travel 128 each day to get to work in Boston.Its good to know that a great comapny with a superburb product is located in Massachusetts. Thanks again Marat !

Wrath

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.