Restore Fails - Strange Drivers Missing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjwlaz, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjwlaz

mjwlaz Registered Member

I have a backup made (on a Dell Optiplex 745) using the bootable media that I use to image our company computers (True Image Echo Workstation w/ Universal Restore. )

The restore is likewise done with Acronis bootable media. Recently I had a restoration fail on a Dell Latitude 6400. The restore is interrupted with a request for 2 additional drivers. One of the drivers is **pnp0c14, the other is too long to write. I skip the driver installation and the restore process says it completed successfully but Windows blue screens when it attempts to load.

My biggest concern is that I don't know what these drivers are and I can't understand why the restore process is looking for drivers when I use Universal Restore as a means to load machine specific drivers after Windows loads.

What am I missing?

Thank you for any help and ideas you can provide.

MJ

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjwlaz,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you boot computer into Safe Mode? If you can try it and install all necessary drivers for your motherboard first.

Also check the following step-by-step instructions telling about restore with AUR. See this link

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. mjwlaz

mjwlaz Registered Member

I can't boot into Safe Mode. The computer gets stuck in an endless POST cycle. Thanks for the reply. Any other ideas? Can you tell me why it's looking for drivers when Universal Restore was used?

Thanks,

Matt

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Sounds like the book disk is looking for other drivers, not the restored system. Does that sound like the situation? If so, the prob is that you need a diff bootdisk and you need to contact Tech for that.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I think they are talking about the Windows Safe Mode which will run the basic hardware, not TI's.

6. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

I suppose that the necessary drivers were not installed during the recovery with AUR. I can suggest you to recover the archive again and specify the necessary drivers. You can place them to USB flash drive, for example. Usually, the necessary drivers are included into the disks that come with the computer.

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

7. mjwlaz

mjwlaz Registered Member

Oleg,

Thank you for the reply. The challenge in doing what you suggested is that the drivers being referenced have rathery cryptic names. I backed up the PC prior to trying to apply our company image so I was able to restore the backup and use a program to backup the drivers once I booted into Windows.

When I again tried to apply our company image I was prepared to fill in the missing drivers.

The whole process was rather frustrating and very disappointing given that I expect to be able to boot into the OS to load drivers. Is it a common practice to have to load drivers (other than RAID drivers) during a restoration?

8. Acronis Support

Hello mjwlaz,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Try the following suggestions:

1) The image in question contains a partition with a Windows operating system. It is preferred that image contains entire source disk.
    2) The Windows operating system is not Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95 OSR2, Windows 98 or Windows ME. Acronis Universal Restore does not support these operating systems.
    3) Partition with a Windows operating system is selected for restoration. It is always better that the entire hard disk is selected for restoration.
    4) If you manually select drivers/HAL to be used with Acronis Universal Restore, then the auto detected drivers are not used. So, in case you select the drivers which are incorrect, Acronis Universal Restore will still use, and system will not boot as a result.
    5) Also please remember that Acronis Universal Restore is meant to be used from Acronis Bootable CD and not from Windows.

If the issue still persists provide us the serial number for Acronis True Image via PM and we will give you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc which should solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.