Restore error: no. of copied sector differ from counted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kalak, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalak

kalak Guest

I am using a trial version of True Image v9 built 2273 I downloaded today, in the hope that it can replace my Drive Image. I am using Windows XP Home SP2

Backup my C: partition to another partition in another hard disk. Went well, verify archive - no errors. Then I proceeded to restore it to another partition in my 2nd hard drive. The process aborted at the end - ?96% completion with this error:

Module: 7
    Error (Code): 1 (0x70001)
    Internal error: number of copied sectors differs from counted

And the partition was not restored (remain unallocated). Reboot, re-verify archive - OK, try it again, same error.

Would like any suggestions.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kalak,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please run "chkdsk X: /r" where X is the letter of the drive you are trying to restore your image to. Please also check if there is enough space on your target partition.

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Could you please also do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

Please send gathered information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.