Restore doesn't see HD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by edbro, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edbro

edbro Registered Member

I am pulling my hair out trying to get Restore to work. I am using TI 9 ver3677. I have 2 internal SATA drives. When I boot from the boot CD, I can not get Full version to work at all. It goes from the blue loading screen to an empty black screen. If I select the Safe version it loads but it will not see my second HD.

My setup is SATA 1 partitioned to C and D and SATA 3 is a single partition (dynamic drive). If I choose backup or restore, all I see in My Computer is HD 1 (C and D).

Here is the wierd part. If I go to Install new HD, TI sees the other drive. Why does it see it there but not in Backup or Restore? And, why can't I load Full? Just for grins, I booted an old version of Ghost 2003 and it saw both drives with no problems.

I am running an AMD X2 4600. I read of the problems with Dual Cores. It suggested to manually add a parameter by hitting F11 at the Loading screen. Nothing happens when I do that.

2. Mr Optimistic

Mr Optimistic Registered Member

I have the same problem on an Intel dual core E6400 using a 965 motherboard and 2 SATA drives (emulated as IDE I believe)

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I don't think TI can work with dynamic drives - at least previous versions didn't.

4. Mr Optimistic

Mr Optimistic Registered Member

;) Thanks for the reply (and apologies for jumping in on the original post but it's the same issue I think). I haven't configured a dynamic drive, the IDE emulation seems to be a fact of life for the Intel 965 (non-R) chipset I have read. There is a Jmicron chip on the board which offers another SATA connection and PATA but I am not using that (OK, should have read the manual before build..........)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.