Restore doesn't see HD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by edbro, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edbro

edbro Registered Member

I am pulling my hair out trying to get Restore to work. I am using TI 9 ver3677. I have 2 internal SATA drives. When I boot from the boot CD, I can not get Full version to work at all. It goes from the blue loading screen to an empty black screen. If I select the Safe version it loads but it will not see my second HD.

My setup is SATA 1 partitioned to C and D and SATA 3 is a single partition (dynamic drive). If I choose backup or restore, all I see in My Computer is HD 1 (C and D).

Here is the wierd part. If I go to Install new HD, TI sees the other drive. Why does it see it there but not in Backup or Restore? And, why can't I load Full? Just for grins, I booted an old version of Ghost 2003 and it saw both drives with no problems.

I am running an AMD X2 4600. I read of the problems with Dual Cores. It suggested to manually add a parameter by hitting F11 at the Loading screen. Nothing happens when I do that.

2. Mr Optimistic

Mr Optimistic Registered Member

I have the same problem on an Intel dual core E6400 using a 965 motherboard and 2 SATA drives (emulated as IDE I believe)

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I don't think TI can work with dynamic drives - at least previous versions didn't.

4. Mr Optimistic

Mr Optimistic Registered Member

;) Thanks for the reply (and apologies for jumping in on the original post but it's the same issue I think). I haven't configured a dynamic drive, the IDE emulation seems to be a fact of life for the Intel 965 (non-R) chipset I have read. There is a Jmicron chip on the board which offers another SATA connection and PATA but I am not using that (OK, should have read the manual before build..........)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.