Restore Disk Wizard image with TI rescue disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jzm003x, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzm003x

jzm003x Registered Member

I purchased TI Home 11 in July/2008 which ran for a while and was even able to restore an image after some problems with my PC. Several months passed and then TI started giving me errors when creating images so I decided to reinstall ... and that's when the real problems started. Namely, that after about 5 minutes into the install, an error appears stating that the install process could not continue because an older version was found (I don't have any older versions).

After many attempts to get help from Acronis I finally gave up and opened an thread on this site with the problem. One of the power posters was kind enough to give me VERY EXPLICIT and manual instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove TI. I followed them to the letter 3 times, same result... older version found!

That's when I remembered that Seagate's Disk Wizard uses TI. So I did an uninstall (again!) and was able to install DW without a hitch. I then proceeded to do a full image/verification and was able to open/search the image without a problem.

On a separate note, I've read posts stating that DW has or may have problems with external USB-SATA drives because among other things it's Linux based. The posts also go on to tell on how to create a BartPE disk etc.. etc.

Now to the $64K question: Being that I have a tried and pruven TI-11 Rescue Disk, can I use it to restore an image made by Disk Wizard to get around the drivers/Linux problems?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The TI rescue disk is Linux unless you are using safe mode which is some form of DOS. Safe mode doesn't support USB, networks, etc and is made really for internal disk stored archive operations.

I think Disk Wizard is a simplified TI so it should work but you can boot up the TI rescue CD and see if you can Validate the DW archive. If it works you are in good shape but the absolute best test is to do an actual restore to a spare HD.

3. jzm003x

jzm003x Registered Member

Cool... :thumb:

I think that I'll follow you advice later today, thanks for your help and feedback.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jzm003x,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Using Acronis True Image bootable disc you can restore images created with DiskWizard. Concerning bartPE bootable disc you can see this article for more information on how to create it using BartPE builder and Acronis plugins.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.