Restore corrupted tib file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NoNameNeeded, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoNameNeeded

NoNameNeeded Registered Member

I have a backup file which became corrupted.
    I have no idea how this happened but is there a way to repair this file?
    I use TI Workstation 9.1

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NoNameNeeded,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

It is possible that the archive is being declared corrupt because of faulty data transfers. Please run a memory diagnostics such a Memtest86+ available free from www.memtest.org for a several hours. There should be no errors reported. Please also run Windows chkdsk utility with parameter "/r" on the hard drive the archive is stored at.
    If there are no errors with memory/hard drive reported, please try copying/moving the archive to another location, and validating it again. Please also try using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media to validate the archive.

Notice that in most cases corrupted disk/partition images can be mounted and most of data recovered. Please see chapter 12 "Mounting an image as a virtual drive" of the respective User's Guide for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. NoNameNeeded

NoNameNeeded Registered Member

Ok thx.
    Moving it to another partition really did the trick

4. kknudson

kknudson Registered Member

I have a similiar issue, and may have the answer.

I backup to a USB 1.0 drive. I believe I run WITH verification(can't tell unless I can recover), but the restore says it's corrupt.

Moving it to the local IDE drive now, but it is taking FOREVER.

I hope this solves it !!!!!

Oh and a suggestion, BEFORE wacking the partition, check the Backup file !!!!!
    The restores from XP did NOT indicate a corrupt backup file.
    They only stated "Had Errors".

It wasn't until I booted from the recovery CD that it indicated the BU file was corrupt.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  5. kknudson

That solved it.

Acronis --------------------

Check BU file B4 whacking the partition.
    The OS was not unusable, just had problems.
    From the XP restore state "corrupt", not just had Errors.

Figure out a way to restore from extremely slow devices.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is an option to validate image before restoring the partition which is a good idea as you found out. This validates using the recovery environment which is not the same as the Windows environment. The validate ensures the backup can be read properly and if it can, then all of the info in it is correct as backed up.

As far as restoring from extremely slow devices the answer is obvious. Get the HW by whatever means, to go to USB2. USB2 which has been the USB standard for years is 40 times faster than USB1. If that isn't an option, put in a second internal HD.

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Or build a BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with Mustang's BartPE Plugins. BartPE uses Windows drivers which perform better then the Linux drivers used in the rescue CD.

8. kknudson

Actually I did NOT get the option to verify before, when attempting to come from the 1.0 device. But it was there (and I used it) once I moved the image to the local HD.

The 1.0 device has worked well for restoring individual files etc.

Sorry, despite being slow why should I throw out the 1.0 device, it works just fine. And being "slower" fits perfectly as a BU device. There is NO reason why Acronis should not be able to restore from it if I can copy from it.

I suppose you've trashed all your tube TVs as LCDs are better, and PATA drives as SATA is now the standard.

9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I have had to use USB 1.1 when older systems had only USB 1.1 built in and I didn't feel like installing a USB 2.0 card. Creating or restoring backups runs at about one tenth the speed of a USB 2.0 connection. However, it works fine. You just have to be patient. As long as you are willing to have a 15 minute backup or restore take 150 minutes, life is good.

Acronis can't do anything about the hardware limitations of USB 1.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.