Restore CD Hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jeff Roughgarden, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While testing, I find that the restore CD hangs. After removing the quiet parameter, the last two lines are:

scsi1: scsi host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
    scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 22, scsi1, channel 0, id 0, line 0, 0x12, 00 00 00 24 00

This is a 2x1GB Pentium 3 Windows XP Pro (SP1) system with 2 CD drives.

Any ideas what to do?

All comments appreciated. Thanks.

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

You are not alone in having this happen. For me the solution was to use an earlier build boot CD (build 774). I began to experience the same problem as you from build 826 boot CD onwards. Since I've downloaded every build of Acronis since the one I bought ( build 768 ) and made boot CDs with all of them I have the benefit of experimenting with all of them and the luxury of choosing from the various boot CDs I have made. For my computer boot CDs before build 800 work OK. The last 3 builds boot CDs cause my computer to freeze at some point every time I use them (sometimes after the hard disk is wiped which is rather inconvenient!). Acronis usually recommends using F11 as the CD boots and changing a setting "acpi=off noapic". It may help.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff Roughgarden,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. The create Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build and try to boot from it. Please detach all external USB devices not needed in Acronis rescue mode.You can also try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions). If the problem remains please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Irina,

I am using build 889. The last two lines of the startup sequence were:

scsi1: scsi host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
    scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 22, scsi1, channel 0, id 0, line 0, 0x12, 00 00 00 24 00

This is a 2x1GB Pentium 3 Windows XP Pro (SP1) system with 2 CD drives.

It looks like it is complaining about the CD drives.

Please investigate the problem thoroughly as you said you would.

Incidentally, I do not have access to any earlier versions.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Jeff,

I have contacted our Development Team and they need more strings of the output. Could you please write down 10-15 strings and send them to us? We need an e-mail letter to create an incident so the problem will be solved faster.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Solution to Restore CD Hangs

FYI to any who are interested. Support was able to solve the problem:

Hello Jeff,

Could you please do the following?
    Please boot from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "ide-scsi=off" parameter to the kernel command line being the last one (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.
    If it possible to boot this way?

If the program still refuses to boot please do the following:
    please boot from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word add "ide-scsi=off" parameter, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please create the screenshot of the last page of the output.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Marian Fadeeva

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd.
    Suite 213 South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

7. Acronis Support

Re: Solution to Restore CD Hangs

Hello Jeff,

Glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.