Restore and exclude from scanning 4.0.417

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gugarci, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

How exactly can I get this to worko_O Whenever I get a false positive in my Quarantine window my Restore and exclude from scanning is always gray-out. Am I missing something.

I got a couple of false positives today with definition file 4018, although 4019 has been downloaded recently. I had a couple of old installers of CCleaner and an installer of Code Stuff Starter thrown in my Quarantine window.

The only way to exclude these files is through set-up, on demand, and exclusions. And before I can do that I have to turn off the real time protection. otherwise it throw these files back into quarantine.
    Thanks.

2. gugarci

No one here knowso_O

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

I have never used this function before but once I noticed your thread , I decided to do some homework . In my test on my Vista SP1 computer with NOD32 4.0.417 installed and updated this option works only when the file has been first auto-quarantined , then manually restored or restored to (specific location) and finally auto re-placed back to ESET/NOD32 Quarantine . Only then this option (Restore and exclude from scanning) works .

I'll try with another build of the program and report back if there is something different . You have either found a bug in the program or we are doing something wrong.

4. gugarci

Well you would think it should work if you click on a item that is sitting in your Quarantine Window/folder. But it doesn't it's gray-out. Dealing with false positives is a PITA with this version of NOD. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.