Resized my secure zone, but not showing right size under "my computer"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I decreased the size of my acronis secure zone to about 8GB because I am currently only using about 3.46GB of space in it, but when I check my disc partitions under "my computer", it still shows to be 22.1GB....anyone know why?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Since the Secure Zone is a hidden partition is won't show up at all in My Comuter where C:\, CD-ROMs and other normal partitions appear.

Check the size of the partitions in TrueImage and see what size is reported there.

3. thebigdintx

Yes, it is normally hidden, however it does appear after I run TI's "explore images", and assign it a temporary partition letter "(E:)".....then it does show up "my computer" and you can right click it and see the properties, or you can open it and explore the contents just like normal. (note: if I restart my computer, it's gone again until I run the "explore images" again in TI).

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thebigdintx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what exact partition do you mean when saying that "it still shows to be 22.1GB"?

Are you talking about the mounted partition from the image archive?

What was the original size of that partition?

Please describe the issue in more words.

Please also provide me with the more information on your partition layout.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. thebigdintx

The Acronis Secure Zone partition which still showed to be 22.1GB was the temporary drive letter (E:) which is where the Acronis Secure Zone was showing to be after I used the Explore Image tool, and assigned the secure zone a temporary drive letter so I could view the image. I normally do not have any partitions on my hard drive, only the main drive letter (C:). I have a 40GB hard drive, and as of today, if I look under my computer after using the Acronis explore image tool to view my acronis secure zone, it shows (C:) as 29.2GB and the temporary drive letter (E:) assigned to the acronis secure zone as also having 29.2GB.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thebigdintx,

Could you please create Acronis Report (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com alond with the link to this thread or you can post the part of this report (where you can see a brief partition layout). This will allow us to investigate your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.