Resize of 'C' (system) Partition Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mgj, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgj

mgj Registered Member

Hi,
    Can anyone help?
    I have a Windows Server 2003 and need create more space for 'C' System that has only 330Mb of free space left.
    Can I add space to this partition from a re-sized partition or do I need to copy the existing 'C' partition to the new free space of 12GB that I have created and then make the 12GB partition Active and Primary for Windows to boot.
    If I am thinking along the correct lines has anyone done this using ADDS9? and If so were there any problems?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks MGJ

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MGJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition Managing Software.

Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 allows you to resize any partition you have. Please note that if you haven't got unallocated space immidiately before or after the partition you wish to increase you will need to decrease the partition from which you want to take space from first. Briefly, first decrease one partition, then increase another.

Also please note that to resize the system partition you will need to reboot the computer (it may be important if the computer under consideration is large server that should be rebooted very seldom).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.