Residual files after uninstallation

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ThumperSD, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumperSD

ThumperSD Registered Member

Hi there I just uninstalled Paragon Drive Backup 9.5 Professional

The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Drive Backup 9.5 Professional Edition still has residual files. I would like to delete these but do not want to manually delete it because it may cause problems. That is what an uninstaller is for.

Why doesn't the Paragon uninstaller remove everything? How can I safely remove everything?

Also are there any other folders that contains residual files? I obviously wanted them gone when I uninstalled the program in the first place

I'm tired of these residual files, I wish programs would uninstall everything like it is supposed to

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what files are there? If they were, most probably created, after the app was installed as part of normal use then installer doesn't know about them. If you have no further use for the app, just delete the folder.

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Just a side note: An excellent uninstaller is REVO and it gets the left behind files that stay after using a programs uninstaller. I don't even use what is supplied w/a program now, just go to REVO and its taken care of! :)

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I think it leaves the arcdir/archdb behind deliberately so any other Paragon apps. you have or are just about to install ( eg a new version ) can use it.

They can be deleted - just rt click and delete.

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

+1 let Revo sort it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.