Resetting to default values?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xan K, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xan K

xan K Registered Member

Why if I press the Default button in the setup menu it disables "Potentially Unwanted Applications" when I always choose this option at install? Now I'm afraid other settings are also disabled by default. I don't mess around with any options and normally leave everything as installed, but the other day I was trying some options counting on the "Default" reset button. Well, it didn't restore the program to as it was originally installed. :oops:

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Hi,

Potentially unwanted applications is disabled by defaults. When you hit the default button, it does not reset the values to the values you installed it with unfortunately. However, what you can do if you have a preferred configuration, you can save this configuration by exporting the XML file from the client. Use the step by step below:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN828

Regards,

Jesus

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You may reset the potentially unwanted application settings via this ESET KB article, once done, as JesusV, said, export your settings to a safe location in the event your settings are reverted to an undesirable level.

4. xan K

xan K Registered Member

thanks for the love guys. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.