reset credentials login password

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by skylar, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skylar

skylar Registered Member

This is the error message:
    message="Scheduler is unable to run the task"} with GUID
    because of the error 1326 (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." module="9" time="1244636467" type="4" /
    /log
    How do I reset the password in Acronis True Image Home 2009 edition?
    Completely deleting and reinstalling the application twice did not accept a new password. This has rendered the software not very useful!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello skylar,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

Make sure that you enter your Windows account credentials for the schedule task execution. If the issue still persists do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file ;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all the scheduled tasks on the PC. You should manage your scheduled tasks from the scratch.

Also please make sure that Acronis Scheduler2 Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup Type is set to Automatic. Otherwise, please set it to Automatic yourself and reboot your computer.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. sf3438

sf3438 Registered Member

ERROR 1326 and that damn Authentication Tab

hi, i just spent an HOURS figuring this ERROR 1326 out and thought i would pass along the help. o_O

if you are mapping to a network drive. to save your files on another computer under 'Target archive'
    click 'Browse' instead of typing in the address of the location where you are saving. i have no idea why this works and typing it in doesnt.
    when you browse, it adds \\server\share etc to the name.
    DONT CLOSE THE SCREEN!...

THEN, above this screen. there is the Authentication tab (YES is DOES exist), where you can simply type username and password.
    i didnt have to use server\username format just username)

then you can click okay and then 'Generate Name'... and it works.

under 'scheduling', where it says 'run with credentials' i entered my username and password for the local computer (the one that i am backing up, not the one where i want to save them) here i used the format computername\username and then my password.

hope this helps some other people cause i was like WHERE THE HELL IS THIS AUTHENTICATION TAB. hopefully someone returns the favor, because now i have a different issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.