Reset All Settings?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PaulB2005, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Is there any easy way to reset al the settings back to "out of the box" as it where?

Currently you have to go into Advanced Settings and click on each category and then reset each one manually. Should have saved a post install settings file but didn't...

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

Do This One Time And Help For Future
    Uninstall EAV
    Deletes These Registry Key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET
    After That Install EAV Again When EAV GUI Show's Export Setting And Keep This File When Ever You Need To Reset All Setting Just Import It And You See all Reset
    Do This And Tell Us If This Helpfull
    Enjoy Eset Nod32 Antivirus v3 With NO.1 Wilder's Support

3. PaulB2005

Is that really the only way? :(

I mean, i had already worked out the above answer. No "Master Reset" option?

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I haven't actually tried this but it certainly appears as if you can reset ALL settings to their defaults by going into the Advanced Setup tree, clicking on one of the 4 main tree options (e.g. "Antivirus and Antispyware", "Tools", "User interface", "Miscellaneous"), clicking the "Default" button (at the bottom of the box), and then choosing "Revert all settings to defaults".

Can't see how that wouldn't result in all settings reverting to the out-of-the-box settings.

5. proactivelover

Master Reset will be add in future ESS release i think

6. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

That would be a nice feature.....one click resetting. Regardless, what does ""Revert all settings to defaults" accomplish? Does it not provide the same function as a master reset?

In Advanced setup, you have the choice to reset each one of the 4 (major) tree items to defaults OR revert ALL settings to defaults? Why would they give us those choices if they didn't (sort of) provide the same function as a master reset?

7. proactivelover

8. PaulB2005

I did try that but i'm some bits needed additional clicks to get them to reset ALL features. No big problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.