resellers in uk ?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by kevin44, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin44

kevin44 Registered Member

does anyone know where i can buy tds3 from in the uk (i have iespyad installed and it blocks the clickbank.com site on the purchase page of tds3 , i could remove it from the block list but is it safe to order by visa from here ? :rolleyes:

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the Forum :D

"Is it safe?"
    I can only answer personally. I have purchased TDS, WG, PE, PG, CS all via the net transactions from DCS and have had no worries. ;)

IF you decide to go ahead and purchase, it may be about two days until you get your "keyfile" as it's the weekend here. [Sat arvo 4.20 as I type this]

Cheers, TAS

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum!
    The only way is via the various methods shown on the DiamondCS site and i can guarantee those are all safe.
    I had problems with entering the clickbank as well all of a sudden caused by ?? (maybe another IE security update?).
    Anyway, it caused people to rename their HOSTS file temporary and close the IEspyad and other blockers, enable cookies, maybe java and ActiveX (not sure, could be because of web forms), not suppressing the header privacy (reference) etc to get on that page, so imagine it must be really very safe. If it was not safe, DiamondCS would not do business via them.
    Looking forward to your experiences!

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I live in the UK and have purchased TDS by Visa without any problems. I also had IESpyad installed but 'ClickBank' must not have been part of the list when I purchased as this was no blocked for me. Remember IESpyad also blocks some medical site forms which are genuine and safe; it also blocks Future Publishing forms when trying to submit a query about a magazine subscription.

I can assure you when I had a query re my payment (exchange rate) I had personal and quick contact with Diamond providing an answer. I am cautious about payment online if I am not sure about a site but with Diamond I had confidence. The only hesitation I had was the exchange rate and a UK distributor would have been great but for superior software such as TDS I forgot about this and went ahead with my purchase (have never regretted it)

I would purchase more without hesitation.

5. -_-

-_- Guest

@Kevin

Depeding on how you define "safe" I would also study the privacy policies of the parties involved in the purchase.

1. DiamondCS

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=privacy

IMHO, this policy is pretty much o.k. It's plain and simple and its respects your privacy.

2. Clickbank

http://www.keynetics.com/legal/privacy.html

This one is not the worst policy I have ever seen but they still reserve the right to spam you ("To send you email notifications about our new or existing Keynetics products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you"). Moreover, they use your data to create statistics ("To provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.") and they are not willing to guarantee that they will never ever sell your personal data ("We may change this Privacy Policy from time to time. ")

Therefore, I would personally recommend to directly purchase from DCS (if you are prepared to make a non-anonymous purchase). I believe that such direct purchase is possible in respect of TDS-3 since a respective feature is built into the trial version the product.

3. Regsoft

http://regsoft.com/privacy statement.shtml

Some DCS products like Process Guard may be purchased via Regsoft. Unfortunately, Regsoft reserves the right to sell your private date in the future provided that 30 days prior notice is given and unless you expressly object to such behaviour (i.e., only a future "opt out" is possible).

"RegSoft.com’s current policy is to not sell, rent or trade personal information to others not associated with a purchase transaction; however, RegSoft.com reserves the right to do so in the future. If RegSoft.com does decide to do this, RegSoft.com will email each customer and give each customer 30 days to inform us if he or she wishes for your information to remain private."

(Btw.: I do not post this information in order to have it deleted.)

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

More people are asking about it; recently calculated the costs for a boxed version on cd-rom would be a manyfold, more work, more worries and less profit. And always the latest version on line.

7. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Hi
    I live in UK and have used my visa to purchase software over the net on numerous occasions,its not the country where the company is based(after all net is global!)but the policies of the company you purchase from that determines how "safe" such a transaction is,more people in the uk get ripped off by dodgy sales staff passing on card details/cloning whilst card holder is present than over the net

8. rwaforums

rwaforums Registered Member

I have been ordering stuff off the internet for a few years and not once encountered a problem. :)

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I now realise I paid direct to DiamondCS therefore this is why I did not encounter ClickBank. I have just checked the homepage and found that my payment was directly to DiamondCS (I did not realise there was other ways to pay)

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Long ago since i started paying via internet and for DiamondCS all went well.

Generally spoken when using a CC or pin payment somewhere in shops always keep an eye on the papers the bank send you afterwards, and in case of a problem the money is back. So what more to say?

I have used clickback all those years a lot and i can't remember to be spammed in any way. Most is the ordinary spam from the known internet abusers, and as far as i did take time to investigate senders from all different circuits (easy to know if you use different email accounts for different activities).

Anyway, back to DiamondCS, if a security company would doubt abiout the security of the transactions, they would not choose them as ways of payment. It's their own business too you know.

11. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

The points raised by "Guest" are probably equally applicable to purchases made "over the counter " in a retail establishment. The points of concern certainly are by no means limited to "on line" purchases (at least as implemented in the US).

In the final analysis, you have to make a decision about you purchases based on the reputations and performance of the individuals/organizations you are dealing with.

It is probably appropriate to separate concerns regarding security and safety from those related to receiving on line or snail mail advertising as a consequence of the purchase. For example, retail "over the counter purchases" of products from major hardware vendors have resulted in far more "snail mail" and e-mail advertisments than any thing I have ever purchased on line. In fact, I have experienced a "security" related issue from use of a credit card in a retail store.

Finally, in the specific case of items sold by vendors on this forum, it is unlikely any major issues would not have be vigorously discussed in the forum. I have been a member over three years and dont recall such issues being raise with regard to either DCS or the other vendors, other members may have had different experiences and , I am sure, will comment if it has been different for them.

I hope perhaps this perspective may be helpful in your decision making process. .

Bdiamond

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.