reseller woes

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by unhappycamper, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unhappycamper

unhappycamper Registered Member

Six days ago I tried to renew NOD32. Since I am in Europe now (originally from North America) I was forced via redirection to use a local reseller. In my case it happened to be ELZON.net, the transaction was processed by Avangate.com

I paid online, received confirmation of the payment from Avangate .. and that was it. I did not receive the renewal information from either Avangate nor ELZON.

When I tried to contact ELZON it turned out that you had to pay for customer service from them AND they didn't speak English.

When I tried to contact ESET about the problem this is what I got:

I tried to contact Avangate and their reply was:

So ESET is telling me to contact Avangate and Avangate is telling me to contact ESET. Nice! ELZON is completely silent on the subject since they refer everything to their online Help Desk which they do not respond to.

So here I am, almost a week after paying for my renewal and I still don't have what I paid for! Not only that, my product license has now expired!

I have tried to tell ESET that their reseller network is failing them and thereby tarnishing the reputation of an otherwise excellent product but that seems to be falling on deaf ears.

AND I STILL DON'T HAVE MY RENEWAL INFORMATION! :thumbd: :mad: :thumbd:

Can someone tell me what a guy has to do to get some service from these people?

Thank you.

~uhc

2. unhappycamper

Seriously? No one has any ideas on what to do here?

I'm beginning to think this situation is worse than I thought.

3. stanr

stanr Registered Member

First thing I would do is contact the method of payment, Credit card, and object to the charge for the reasons stated.

4. e-flux

e-flux Registered Member

hi,

I'm benoit at ESET in France, the country where you bought the license.
    I can confirm that since the day of your order, 5 minutes after you paid, the username
    EAV-11673LLLLLL (not shown in full) is ACTIVE.

You can use it in your software since the 5 minutes after you paid.

If you need assistance please ask and describe your issue clearly.

Our support is fully open to discuss that with you,
    feel free to contact us,
    best regards,
    Benoit

5. unhappycamper

Wonderful! Thank you Benoit!

I have to tell you that I knew nothing of this! In none of the communications has anyone ever mentioned or made reference to it!

Please tell me, where can I contact you to get the rest of my registration information?

Thank you for getting involved.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As far as I'm concerned, you have been emailed your username and password :)

7. unhappycamper

Sorry, am I missing something? Having _not_ received my license renewal UserName+Password is the problem I've been trying to get addressed. Are you saying it was sent?

Or is this a joke re: having received my _forum_ username/password?

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptake here, this has been a very frustrating experience for me.

8. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Have you checked your junk mail folder? It's probably there.

9. unhappycamper

aha! discovered through an old post by e-flux that there is a eset-nod32.fr website. sounds promising!

10. unhappycamper

Nope, no joy there at all (standard procedure to search the spam and junk folders).

11. Marcos

Actually I've got the reply sent from my colleague:
    Currently your credentials have been resent to your mailbox. Please check it
    ... username and password followed ...

Then he received a reply to this email:
    Thank you everything works fine and we found why it didn’t at the beginning.
    Thank you for your help
    WK

12. e-flux

e-flux Registered Member

Hi,

I use this link :

http://kb.eset.eu/esetkb/index?page...source=external_eu&question_box=lost password
    and my internal system to send you back the username and password.

Please use the eset website in english
    http://kb.eset.eu/esetkb/index?page=home&querysource=external_eu
    you can ask question within the box in natural language .

What you have to do :
    Use the username/password to download at :
    http://www.eset.eu/ess-download/ess_nt32_enu (32 bit OS)
    http://www.eset.eu/ess-download/ess_nt64_enu (34 bit OS)

and then install the ESET Smart security product you bought,
    using the username/password to achieve updates.

Regards,
    Benoit

13. unhappycamper

Sorry, I think we must be getting two issues crossed here. None of the above has anything to do with me. I did not receive a resend and I certainly never sent the email you've quoted above.

Be that as it may, hopefully the links e-flux has provided will bear fruit. Either way I'll report back here.

14. dklein

dklein Registered Member

Hello

Who are you?

I'm David Klein, the owner at ELZON.NET
    We are one of the oldest reseller in France.

If you have a problem with a delivery why don't you call us?

You've ordered on our website where it's clearly displayed our phone number on every single page. There's also a "chat now" button, and form to contact us.
    Then there's Avangate (our partner) that clearly communicate their phone number and E-mail in the mail they sent you.
    There's also ESET France that shows it's phone number and E-mail.

Why don't you contact one of us?

Licenses are sent automatically by E-mail after order. You have to read the mails, they are in French, of course since you bought in France.

What is your name?

I think your post is a fake.

15. unhappycamper

"A fake"? Are you kidding me? Did you read my original post? I've quoted ESET and Avangate emails there. So ... I made that up? Sorry, not at all!

If you like I can send you my original registration from 25 February 2008. (Canada)

I can also send you my recent purchase receipt for the renewal (France, because I was forced to purchase from a French reseller since that is where I am currently located. That reseller would be ... you.)

As to not contacting you or Avangate or whomever I have an email trail about 30 deep now that says otherwise, including an email from Avangate to your people requesting on my behalf that your people send me my registration information. And that still hasn't happened! If you'd like that here it is:
    I've "xxxx" the details because that doesn't belong on the message boards. PM me and I'd be happy to give you whatever you'd like.

As to "call us", well, (a) your widely publicized number is a pay-per-minute line and (b) the service is in French which I speak poorly. I should pay more to get what I've already paid for and not received?

Furthermore, I have a ticket in your Help Desk system (HQY-147717) which is two days old now which contains all of our information, registration details, names, everything. That ticket has not been acknowledged nor responded to in any way! Absolutely nothing! We'd even got someone to translate it into French for you just in case that was the problem. Still nothing!

"A fake"! If we want to talk about fraud here I think I know who I'd be looking at Sir, and that would be you! Your people took my money and gave me nothing! Your people have not responded to me, or Avangate, or your own Help Desk system in any way! That's where the fraud lies here, services bought and paid for and less than nothing to show for it!

Also, regarding "fakeness" did you see what the ESET folks had to say about you and your "the oldest reseller in France" prestige? I quote, as seen in my original post here:

Care to see the original? Like I've said, PM me your contact info and it is yours!

If I could I would charge you for all the time I've wasted on this poxy issue: that would pay for my renewals for the next 10 years!

I'll accept your apology any time after I receive the registration information I have paid for and been fighting to get.

Finally, FWIW, I've tried the links that e-flux posted: nothing constructive came of it. I tried the email resend thing, got nothing in response. Those pages suggest that I contact ESET Customer Service which I did days ago, and have many emails from saying, in essense, "talk to the reseller". I've already pointed out how useful that has been. Finally, the knowledgebase states the obvious and is of no help here because I've already done everything it suggests.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  16. dklein

dklein Registered Member

Hello "mr anonymous"

It is the first time that you give us an information to know who you are : the ticket number.

I don't know if you are right now in the US, but please take into account that we are in France, so jet lag, our offices are closed at 6PM and open at 9AM. We also don't work during weekend.

Because when you opened your ticket (yesterday), it was 8:30PM. Then you added comments 4 times in less than 4 hours, being really arrogant and insolent, cocmplaining that we do not reply.
    Of course we were sleeping. Sorry for that...

Now you tell in the ticket that you get a serial number but don't know what to do with it. We get to the point !

So you admit that you've ordered, and that ELZON delivered the serial number 5 minutes after. ELZON's job done.

Then you say "someone needs to explain what I am supposed to do with it " (talking about the serial number)

As written in the automated mail we sent you, just 1 or 2 lines under the serial, there's the link to activate your product.
    Here it is again :

http://www.eset-nod32.fr/renew/index.php

You validated when ordering that since you bought a french NOD32 renewal, it means that :
    1/ you already have a NOD32 license (EAV code + password) that ended less than 30 days ago
    2/ your license has been bought in France last year

If you don't have a NOD32 license or if it's not french, we will issue a refund and will be happy to recommend you to another reseller.

Conclusion : Problem solved 1 day after you opened the ticket
    (normally you should have waited at least till Monday, but since you've alerted half the planet that ELZON "stole money" on your bank account, we've preferred to reply now)

Thanks to continue the discussion with our support, we won't reply anymore in this forum dedicated to technical matters.

I'm not scared to say that if you show irrespect with our technicians like you did already in your dozen of messages and calls to ESET (noticed you called everyone but never called ELZON, your reseller...) we will issue a refund immediately and ban your IP from our services.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  17. Marcos

That's really weird coz we replied to a client who initially purchased from Avangate and recently renewed via ELZON. We received a reply from him yesterday that the issue's solved and everything's fine. It'd be a weird coincidence if 2 different people would have come across the very same situation and both would have alerted so many resellers and distributors in Europe within such a short time period. I'd like to refrain from making any personal judgements and I'd be really happy if this was sorted out quickly. I repeat, we received a confirmation from that guy yesterday that everything was ok. Unless different persons have posted under the same nick :)

18. unhappycamper

Ok, weird it is then because your other client wasn't me. I say that based on (a) the fact that you've mentioned that the UserName/Password info was emailed and I've received no such thing, and (b) you quoted an email from your other client, WK (?), who certainly isn't me.

As to the Elzon matter with Mr. Klein I respectfully ask the reader's patience while we conclude our business on his Help Desk system.

19. unhappycamper

Re: reseller woes - end of story

Ok, I think it's only fair that I come back and report what happened.

To make a long story short the crux of the matter is this: if you go to register or renew your ESET license you are forced into purchasing from your regional retailers. As it happens I'm living in France so I was forced into renewing via a French site. Trouble is my French is terrible so .. I screwed up! There were no English instructions, I misread the French instructions, signed up for a renewal instead of a new license purchase (which, again, is forced on you if you change 'region') and things went downhill from there. The fact that no one at ESET answered my requests for help for 5 days didn't help any either but there you go I guess.

In the end Elzon refunded the money without hesitation and that was pretty much the end of that.

So for those of you that care, there it is.

20. Marcos

Re: reseller woes - end of story

Actually if one moves to another country there should be no problem purchasing a license renewal from the original distributor. All you need to do is contact the distributor by email or phone to avoid redirection per your current country. The contact information can be found here or find your distributor on the ESET partners page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.