Rescue Media (Trueimage 11 Home) - Imaging and Restoring freezes...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nightangel, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Guest

Hi.

I use trueimage 11 home with an Samsung R40 Plus Notebook (Intel Dual Core, S-ATA internal HD, USB external HD, ATI X1250). In 80 % of all tries trueimage freezes during the imaging (or restoring) process when I use the external HD as medium by booting from the rescue media.

I've tried the following things:

enabling or disabling usb legacy mode in BIOS Setup
    using the parameters nopcmcia acpi=off noapm for the rescue media

No way. It just stops the process. Not every time at the same percentage of the process, but nearly every time.
    I can click the close window or abort process button and the warning message appears, but a real abort does not happen.

Imaging and Restoring on the internal hd works perfectly, when I
    a.) use a security zone on the internal media for the backup and
    b.) boot from the rescue media in the safe media mode (without any usb drivers)

or when I use it in windows xp.

My opionion is, that the usb drivers are the problem. Especially, because I tried these options on five (!) different notebooks now and with three different usb drives.

All, I get from the acronis support: "give us sysinfo with acronisreport.exe, use chkdsk, because your hd has errors (it has not - I checked this!)". I fear, the technical support has no clue and tries to make it a "user problem".

I read about the fact, that backup freezes on external USB HDs, when the images reaches the size of 2 GB.

What can I do? I need the tool and I can't use it in windows xp each time because I use linux - not windows! Normally I have no windows on my notebook. I only used it for creating the rescue media and checking the imaging process in windows.

Regards
    nightangel

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  2. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

I disagree.

3. nightangel

nightangel Guest

That's a nice post ;)
    To what you disagree?

I posted to get help and hoped, someone has a hint for me! o_O

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nightangel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Nightangel, I'm a little confused, did TI work satisfactorily on those other laptops/drives you tried?

I'm just wondering if the Samsung has some kind of proprietory program (in firmware or software) that somehow interferes with the USB's buffer in the laptop under Linux.

Colin

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  6. nightangel

nightangel Guest

@bodgy

Yes, it works perfectly, when I run it under Windows XP or Vista.
    But the Rescue Media makes a lot of problems. It starts perfectly, but nearly
    every time, I try to make an image or restore one, it freezes within the
    process. Then I only can reboot the system.

This happens with the rescue media also, when I try to boot with parameters like acpi=off noapic nolapic nopcmcia noraid...

Maybe you're right and the samsung firmware is built with some proprietary components.

Under Windows, the notebook works perfectly!

Under Linux, i.e. Ubuntu it also does, but brings an APIC error while booting.

Memory tests (Linux and bios one) gave no error in 24h - testing.

@Acronis Support

The issue is Acronis #1304308]. The german acronis support works with it and my last email reply is from a Mr. Novikov.

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I wonder if the German version of the rescue CD is the same as the English version?

Download the trial English language version, burn a rescue CD and see if you have any luck.

There are known to be differences between the German and English Windows versions, this might extend to the CD as well.

Colin

8. nightangel

nightangel Guest

@bodgy

Thanks for the hint.
    I will try this.

9. nightangel

nightangel Guest

I've tested it with the english version of the rescue media... same problem... same freeze...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.