Rescue Media Not Booting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by caimito, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caimito

caimito Registered Member

Is there any reason my rescue media would not boot on my PC? I used the same disk on my laptop and it boots fine. I used my windows CD on the Pc and it boots fine. My rescue media seems to just cause the machine to reboot again and again without loading the interface. Even if I disconnect my hard drives, the media fails to load and just reboots over and over. This error began after using try and decide and committing the changes. The instalation never ended.

Using TI 2009 on EVGA X58 SLI system with Sata and IDE dvd drives.

2. serroz

serroz Registered Member

hmmm i have the same issue with (SATA DVD R\WR LG ) i heard that SATA my be the problem i changed LG SATA with LG IDE still the same problem i tried old CD R\WR it works fine

So the problem is that new LG refuse to boot my rescue image can any one from the support team tell us if there will be any fix to this problem o_O

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you created the TI Rescue CD using a DVD, create a new Rescue CD using a CDR disc. Otherwise, try creating another duplicate TI Rescue CD.

4. caimito

In reply to both posts, I have one DVD drive that is connected IDE and one that is connected SATA. I tried booting the acronis rescue media in both and had the same problem.

The rescue media was created using a CD-R not a DVD-R. As I indicated before, all the rescue media boots fine on my laptop.

My problem first began when I created an acronis secure zone to use try and decide. The PC did not recognize the acronis mbr, which may be the same issue with the cd's.

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I misunderstood although looking at your post again, you were quite clear that you were using IDE & SATA optical devices.

Do you have other boot discs which you can try on this computer to see if it will boot from either optical device?

You might consider uninstalling and reinstalling TrueImage. Do you have a system restore point prior to your using Try & Decide?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

caimito, were you able to boot the system under Acronis Booting Rescue Media prior to your using Try & Decide option? If you haven't tried Acronis Booting Rescue Media, the encountered issue can have another cause.

To get the access to the operating system please restore Windows boot loader manually, please see this article for more information.

After that try to boot from Acronis Booting Rescue Media. If this doesn't help, please let me know the license number via PM, I will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media based on an alternate loader.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. caimito

Grover H, Thanks for your helpful comments. I was able in fact to boot from either optical drive using my windows XP installation disk, so I deduced that my system did not like ATI specifically, whether on the hard disk or on the rescue media.

Acronis Support,

My rescue disk worked on my laptop but not my PC. I resorted to performing a Repair install of windows, so I could reinstall ATI and then restore a full backup. But windows still did not fix what I now realize was errors in the Master Boot Record. I later found the acronis program to restore the MBR and managed to get my PC to boot into windows. But windows was giving me some other errors. I then installed ATI 2009 build 9709 ( I was using the 98xx buid). I recreated the rescue media but this time checked the little box that said "automatically start after xx seconds". I didn't think this had anything to do with booting the disk. I was then able to boot with the rescue media and restore my full backup. whew!!

As an aside, I just saw in a Microsoft knowledge base post that you must uninstall Internet Explorer 7 or 8 BEFORE performing a repair install or it does not run properly. I was caught in the perfect storm of complexity. Thanks. I have tried and decided not to use "try and decide".

8. caimito

I wanted to address a question by Acronis Support. Prior to my trials and tribulations I was using an ASUS A8N SLI system with an AMD 64 X2 CPU. The rescue media worked fine. About two months ago I replaced the motherboard with an EVGA X58 SLI system and an Intel i7 920 CPU. But I reinstalled everything from scratch so I expected no problem with the rescue media. I may never have recreated or tried booting the rescue media in the new system. My bad...Will rescue media only work with the particular hardware configuration that was used to create it?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello caimito,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Acronis Booting Rescue Media doesn't depend on the hardware configuration that was used to create it.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.