Rescue media Linux versus DOS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marc_G, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc_G

Marc_G Registered Member

Hi Folks-

While browsing through the posts a day or two ago I think I saw somewhere a mention that the safe mode version of the bootable media uses DOS rather than Linux. I felt this was interesting since I'm not having luck making a bootable USB key recovery media yet. I'm experienced at making bootable DOS keys, so if I can find a "DOS way" to access the recovery system I can probably find a solution to my problem.

I've searched but can't dig up that post where this was mentioned. And, when I create rescue media for "safe mode" it looks quite the same as the full version, though with a smaller timage.bin file.

Any help here appreciated.

Marc

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Marc,

The "Full" version is Linux based and uses Linux open source device drivers to access your hardware. On the otherhand, the "Safe" version is DOS based and uses a combination of DOS and your motherboard's BIOS routines to access the hardware. In this case, depending on the capability of the motherboard/BIOS, TI may or may not correctly detect USB, Firewire, PCI or SCSI devices.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.