rescue media hangs at boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mac25, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

ti 8.0.937 rescue media created at the install session hangs when booting from the media at [acronis,loading,please wait] and freezes there,what needs to be done now ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mac25,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have any selection screen).

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Also you could download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, create a new bootable CD with this trial version and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

downloaded Ti 9.0 [3633 build] and installed it, created the bootable CD, booted the CD and created the backup to a point where i was not offered a next [next was greyed out], apparently this free trail is not a fully functional trail version. [if i had been offered a next i would know if it was able to perform the task and then verify the backup]

run the backup program [Ti 9.0 [3633 build] from within windows and it created the backup, verified the backup so all appeared ok in the windows enviroment,i didnot test any futher.

before i uninstall Ti 8.0.937 i followed your instructions and turned OFF ACPI and tried again but the results were the same, would hang/quit responding so i was forced to turn off the computer by the power switch.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mac25,

The Windows version of the free trial software is fully functional but has a 15 day time limit. The Linux version on the bootable rescue CD isn't time limited but, for obvious reasons, can only be used for restoring images you created within Windows.

Be careful with the syntax when you add the commands acpi=off noapic after the word quiet in the Linux kernel command line (some people enter acpi=off noacpi by mistake).

Regards

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  5. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

[Be careful with the syntax when you add the commands acpi=off noapic after the word quite in the Linux kernel command line (some people enter acpi=off noacpi by mistake).] and thats exactly what i did !

6. Menorcaman

Hi again Mac25,

Got your PM but will respond here in case someone else is in a similar situation.

Have you still got your TI 8.0 bootable rescue CD? If so, boot from it exactly in accordance with the instructions provided for TI 8.0 in the <Acronis Support Help thread> and see if it now works.

If it does work then reinstall TI 8.0 Build 937 after fully uninstalling the trial version of TI 9.0 Home as detailed in this <Previouis Acronis Support reply> first.

If entering the correct commands didn't work and you wish to persue the problem further then I recommend you reinstall TI 8.0 as detailed above and follow the advice given in II(a) of the same Help thread.

Regards

7. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

well conversing with acronis on the problems i was having i uninstalled Ti 8.0, installed Ti 9.0 and tested the backup and recovery and had no problems at all, so they sent me the 9.0 link and serial # and all is fine now.

my concern was with the quite acpi = off noapic command that was used with Ti 8.0, as stated above i have uninstalled Ti 8.0 and have Ti 9.0 up and running fine, do i need to be concerned about the command that was used with Ti 8.0., if so what can i do to fix it ?

8. Menorcaman

Hi Mac25,

Glad to hear that the latest build of TI 9.0 Home appears to be working well with your system :thumb:.

No need to worry about the Linux kernal commands that you issued previously. The parameters were merely loaded into RAM at the time and will have disappeared when you next rebooted or switched off your system.

Regards

9. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Menorcaman

:thumb: all is well here then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.